Question New Gpu in System Bad frames?

ConnorCoal

Commendable
Oct 6, 2021
So yesterday I upgraded my gpu. Before this My specs were GTX 1060 3gb
Ryzen 5 1600. 16gb ram (2x8) 500w psu
Ssd +HDD Motherboard is MSI b350m Gaming pro

So i upgraded to a 6600xt GPU in order to get more fps in games . Before i uninstalled all the driver for 1060 with a program . and then installed new gpu got all the drivers for it. In games im getting worst fps than the 1060. Its unplayable i was reaching 60fps constant drops to 58 on the lowest possible settings 1080p. So I went to turn off all the windows bs things and same results . I also updated motherboard bios and then took out mobo battery and ram sticks and reinstalled. Then I went to try the games again and i couldn’t even play , I had 7 fps someone please help me im stressing bad man sorry i typed alot out.

ConnorCoal

Commendable
Oct 6, 2021
I believe the recommended PSU for that card is at least a 600W. Also, fps is greatly dependent on your cpu so it could be your Ryzen 5 1600 that is the limiting factor here? (please correct me if im wrong.)

on pc part picker it said everything was okay .
Ill send a link of my pc resting with no apps open of metrics

ConnorCoal

Commendable
Oct 6, 2021
That's an old PSU with a very old internal design. Not sufficient for any recent GPU. Replace it for a modern unit with LLC topology.

Slow RAM can kill the framerate. Try to OC or replace it for G.Skill Flare X 3200C14 or Crucial Ballistix 3200C16.

So doing that would it fix or should it solve all problems, It was working fine on my 1060 3gb card and now i cant even play games I get 30fps in the main menus of everything.

Should i order a new cooler if so could u recommend one thats easy to use , the stock cooler it comes with is perfect size and all.
Stock cooler for Ryzen 5 1600 is just an aluminum block with fan on top. Not a very good cooler.
Get some heatpipe tower cooler.
Deepcool Gammaxx 400, CM Hyper 212 Evo or similar.

Or you could enable Vsync. FPS will get limited, cpu will not have to work so hard and temperatures will be lower.

ConnorCoal

Commendable
Oct 6, 2021
Stock cooler for Ryzen 5 1600 is just an aluminum block with fan on top. Not a very good cooler.
Get some heatpipe tower cooler.
Deepcool Gammaxx 400, CM Hyper 212 Evo or similar.

Or you could enable Vsync. FPS will get limited, cpu will not have to work so hard and temperatures will be lower.
I got a duster and now the temps are normal but my fps is not any better than my old 1060 3gb card?