[SOLVED] New gpu install now pc is running slow

Feb 27, 2020
So I just installed a 2060 rtx super and installed drivers my cpu is an i7-8700 now my pc is slow and I tried to play a game and my pc got hot and I automatically shut it down. What do I do help

Solution
You should use the sticky under this forum to do a clean driver install. You have to download a tool to remove your old graphics drivers and then do a clean install. The directions are posted in a sticky here, along with a link to the software. If the only thing you changed was the graphics card, I would be almost certain you're trying to use an obsolete driver along side the one you should be using. (Basically 2 drivers are trying to send information to your card and over driving it is my guess)

bryanc723

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2015
You should use the sticky under this forum to do a clean driver install. You have to download a tool to remove your old graphics drivers and then do a clean install. The directions are posted in a sticky here, along with a link to the software. If the only thing you changed was the graphics card, I would be almost certain you're trying to use an obsolete driver along side the one you should be using. (Basically 2 drivers are trying to send information to your card and over driving it is my guess)

Reactions: M3rKn
Solution
Feb 27, 2020
Idk what a stocky is

bryanc723

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2015
Sticky. They are the threads posted at the top of the main forum page for each of these component threads. You typically can't add comments to them, they are just for reading and information.
Basically the page you had to click on to post in the first place should have them at the top.