Question new Gpu installed no display

Jan 28, 2020
So I just installed a MSI Radeon R7 370 into my build and i get no display from it. AMD Adrenalin cannot properly identify the amd graphics hardware. I dont know what to do lol i need help.

Asus M5A78L-M Mobo
AMD FX 6300 6 Core CPU
EVGA 500W PSU

So I just installed a MSI Radeon R7 370 into my build and i get no display from it. AMD Adrenalin cannot properly identify the amd graphics hardware. I dont know what to do lol i need help.

Asus M5A78L-M Mobo
AMD FX 6300 6 Core CPU
EVGA 500W PSU

So as mentioned, You might have either plugged in the display into the motherboard port, or you might have not plugged in your PCI-E cable into the card, however on my card it displays a message

Jan 28, 2020
So as mentioned, You might have either plugged in the display into the motherboard port, or you might have not plugged in your PCI-E cable into the card, however on my card it displays a message

I've done both already but still no display. So when i plug in the pci-e cable to the card i get not display on both monitors (ones connected to vga, the other is to the gpu) but when i unplug the PCI-E cable i get the monitor connected with vga to the MOBO (assuming that its going back to the Integrated graphics)

Jan 28, 2020
You are sure the monitor is plugged in to the R7 card and not in to any of the motherboard ports?
I've done both already but still no display. So when i plug in the pci-e cable to the card i get not display on both monitors (ones connected to vga, the other is to the gpu) but when i unplug the PCI-E cable i get the monitor connected with vga to the MOBO (assuming that its going back to the Integrated graphics)

greigm78

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018

Plug both cables in to the GPU. If you have a GPU connected and powered up it won'y give any signal from the mobo video outs anyway.
Only other thing (beyond a faulty GPU) would be to check in BIOS to ensure that PCIe is selected for graphics out.

Jan 28, 2020
Plug both cables in to the GPU. If you have a GPU connected and powered up it won'y give any signal from the mobo video outs anyway.
Only other thing (beyond a faulty GPU) would be to check in BIOS to ensure that PCIe is selected for graphics out.
I get no display when i plug the power into the gpu but i dont think its faulty because i get a single beep when i boot up.