Question New gpu is lagging when powering on pc

WickedsickGGS

Honorable
Aug 1, 2017
I brought a brand new gpu and my computer is lagging or delay on desktop idk i intalled the latest drivers using auto detect from amd
My pc
I5 10400f
Motherboard: gigabyte h510m h
16gb ddr4 3200
Psu:seasonic s12iii 650w
Gpu: gigabyte rx6750 xt
And an old samsung tv as dispay
If you want more information that i didn't add tell me and i will gladly give.
When i look at my task manager my gpu is 3/5% in use and when i move my mouse around is 40/60% and the same is when opening my browser it stays at 30/60% use. temperature is around 43°c
Idk what to do
And previously i used an amd rx 550 2gb.

Last edited:
I brought a brand new gpu and my computer is lagging or delay on desktop idk i intalled the latest drivers using auto detect from amd
My pc
I5 10400f
Motherboard: gigabyte h510m h
16gb ddr4 3200
Psu:seasonic s12iii 650w
Gpu: gigabyte rx6750 xt
And an old samsung tv as dispay
If you want more information that i didn't add tell me and i will gladly give.
When i look at my task manager my gpu is 3/5% in use and when i move my mouse around is 40/60% and the same is when opening my browser it stays at 30/60% use. temperature is around 43°c
Idk what to do
And previously i used an amd rx 550 2gb.
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart, also tick all option in AMD option in the ddu option).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours since it's 12 threads, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• reboot the PC to bios, flash to the latest bios, go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, enable fastest xmp profile, then save and exit.

Optional: disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled). If gpu supports, why not XD

• if successful, boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, ME Driver and IO Driver, then reboot.

• Install the radeon driver or try amernime zone driver (22.8.2 ones), reboot, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did), dont forget to put ram on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

WickedsickGGS

Honorable
Aug 1, 2017
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart, also tick all option in AMD option in the ddu option).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours since it's 12 threads, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• reboot the PC to bios, flash to the latest bios, go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, enable fastest xmp profile, then save and exit.

Optional: disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled). If gpu supports, why not XD

• if successful, boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, ME Driver and IO Driver, then reboot.

• Install the radeon driver or try amernime zone driver (22.8.2 ones), reboot, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did), dont forget to put ram on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png
Is it necessary to do all of this
Can't there be another simple solution ?
Right now i don't think i can try these i don't have time to spare, in the weekend i will try this if there will be no other options.

Last edited:

WickedsickGGS

Honorable
Aug 1, 2017
its not even that long to try.

you could try other simpler solution, and see if it helps.
I tried everything you said nothing changed. When starting until desktop is lagging or delaying
the image when starting is going from top to bottom frame by frame and the loading into windows is long I wait like 30 second with my monitor saying no signal the boots up to windows
All o this was stil happening befor i tried your step by step guide

TRENDING THREADS