New GPU is not responding.

Chris_231

Commendable
May 11, 2016
Hello All,

I've looked on so many various threads....can not seem to find the answer. I have a corsair 80+ Bronze 500W PSU for reference.
I recently purchased an EVGA 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 Black Edition and was really excited to receive it and start using it. It was supposed to be an upgrade from my Zotac 970. The first thing I did was get DDU and follow the steps to delete any instance of an Nvidia driver/program occurring on my rig. Once that was complete and the computer turned off....I then flipped the switched and drained the PSU, took off the casing, and attached myself to a grounding bracelet attached to the case. I unplugged my 970 and took it out of the PCIe x16 slot. I then carefully took my new gpu out of the box, popped it into the slot and plugged it into the PSU. (My 970 used two 6 pin connectors....but the 1070 uses an 8 pin connected so I took the 6+2 connector and connected the GPU.) Once that was all good I plugged an HDMI cord from my tv to my gpu and turned on my computer. The EVGA symbol lit up and the fans turned on but no signal from the tv. It is worth knowing that my peripherals turned on, so the pc boots up. I then switched the HDMI from my gpu to my mobo for onboard graphics. I went into the bios and checked everything to make sure it would still boot to the PCIe slot and it was checked. I then checked the system map and it stated that both of my PCIe slots were empty. This I was troubled by. I then reconnected my old GPU in a different slot (with my new gpu still in....just disconnected and reconnected PSU connectors.) and confirmed that the old GPU is able to be recognized by the mobo. I have no clue what to do....not sure if I need to do a return to amazon and wait for a new one but I am really disappointed right now.

Thanks for any help.

Chris_231

Commendable
May 11, 2016

Corsair 500W....not sure about model but it is 80+ Bronze rated.
Mobo is an ASRock Z77 Pro 3

Chris_231

Commendable
May 11, 2016

Yeah, computer boots up fine when plugged into the mobo.

RylieDetchon

Honorable
Nov 21, 2016

Unfortunately, it sounds like you may have a defective card.