[SOLVED] new gpu low fps

Nov 24, 2019
Hello . So i just bought 1050ti 4gb and i used to have amd r7200 and my ingame fps didnt change at all like i can put settings on max and it will still be as though i put it on lowest settings ...
I updated the drivers ..pls help
specs:
gpu : 1050ti 4gb gigabyte
cpu : pentium g3220
psu : cx550 80 bronze 550w
ram : 8gb
ssd : 240gb
hdd : 512gb
motherboard : h81m dgs r2.0

Solution
is there any amd cpu that i can buy ?
I would definitely suggest you buy into AMDs Ryzen CPUs, as they have great value AND performance, (and are currently giving Intel a run for their money)
I don't know your budget, but if your going to buy into Ryzen, you'll need a motherboard that only supports DDR4 RAM, (your current motherboard uses DDR3) meaning you wont be able to keep using much of what you currently have. Although your GPU, PSU, and Storage devices are still good and can easily be carried over to this possible upgrade.

below is a list on PC Parts Picker that shows some of your current parts (to the best I can guess, I don't know what brands), along with the parts i would suggest getting.
i.e, It is what your build...

SlugBugBuddy

Reputable
Jul 29, 2019
is there any amd cpu that i can buy ?
I would definitely suggest you buy into AMDs Ryzen CPUs, as they have great value AND performance, (and are currently giving Intel a run for their money)
I don't know your budget, but if your going to buy into Ryzen, you'll need a motherboard that only supports DDR4 RAM, (your current motherboard uses DDR3) meaning you wont be able to keep using much of what you currently have. Although your GPU, PSU, and Storage devices are still good and can easily be carried over to this possible upgrade.

below is a list on PC Parts Picker that shows some of your current parts (to the best I can guess, I don't know what brands), along with the parts i would suggest getting.
i.e, It is what your build should look like when you're done with it. the PC below should run just about anything at 60 FPS on Med-High settings, and maybe even 120FPS depending on the game (LOL will probably reach 126fps on MAX settings with this build)
if you have a budget, or are just daydreaming, feel free to change the list how you see fit, or correct any mistakes Ive made about your current parts

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7HbHWb

Otherwise, I would just get any i3 or i5 Intel CPU that fits your motherboard. if you would like a complete list of compatible CPUs for your current motherboard, here you go:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H81M-DGS R2.0/index.asp#CPU

just click on "Support" and then "CPU Support list"

Solution

thekillerx10

Honorable
Apr 12, 2018
Hello . So i just bought 1050ti 4gb and i used to have amd r7200 and my ingame fps didnt change at all like i can put settings on max and it will still be as though i put it on lowest settings ...
I updated the drivers ..pls help
specs:
gpu : 1050ti 4gb gigabyte
cpu : pentium g3220
psu : cx550 80 bronze 550w
ram : 8gb
ssd : 240gb
hdd : 512gb
motherboard : h81m dgs r2.0
Well your pentium is bottlenecking hardly the 1050 ti i would recommend xeon e3 1230 v3 or higher they are literally an i7s but with the price of an i5 , but if you have a budget like 300$ or something you can get ryzen 5 2600, 16 gb of ddr4 memory and b450 motherboard , this ryzen 5 build is much stronger than 4th gen i7s and i5s if you plan to get the ryzen build i would suggest selling your 1050 ti and get an rx 580 4g or 8g, you have alot of things you can do, the choice is yours