New GPU *NO DISPLAY*

rangafromtonga

Commendable
Oct 25, 2017
So I built a new PC from a dell optiplex 9010 motherboard with an i7 3770, 16gb ddr3 and a gtx 660, and recently went to upgrade the gpu to something with some more power. I bought a used Windforce R9 280x that was assured to be working (still unsure) and plugged it in with the necessary power inputs (1x 6-pin and 1x 8-pin). On first boot every thing powered up, even the GPU, but for some reason there was no display. Thinking it may be something to do with the Nvidia drivers and the AMD gpu but have done research and that should only affect things once you're actually using the system in games and shiz.

Someone help!!!

Solution
From what I've read dell motherboards aren't always compatible with all graphic cards. But what you can try is remove the r9 280x and connect your monitor to the onboard display and boot into the bios and check if you have a csm setting in the bios under boot options and enable it if its there if still no joy then sadly you may have a faulty gpu or or your motherboard doesn't supports the gpu. You can also try a different psu if you can get your hands on one.

fauzan_22

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2013
From what I've read dell motherboards aren't always compatible with all graphic cards. But what you can try is remove the r9 280x and connect your monitor to the onboard display and boot into the bios and check if you have a csm setting in the bios under boot options and enable it if its there if still no joy then sadly you may have a faulty gpu or or your motherboard doesn't supports the gpu. You can also try a different psu if you can get your hands on one.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS