Question NEW GPU NO DISPLAY

Leblancc

Prominent
Mar 19, 2019
Hello,i recently bought Asus Rx 470 (used) for my pc but when i plug it and connect it,it shows no Display..everything is ON and fans moving but screen is black...any solution? Thanks in advanced..
specs;
Asus H61M-E
4GB DDR3 x2
i5-3470
asus RX470 4GB (6pins)
Corsair VS450

.My old GC(gtx650) stil work if i plug in..
things ive done;
1.unistall old GC driver
2.Change GC port(hdmi/DP)
3.Disable on board display(intel)

Last edited:
You might need to configure your BIOS(you'll need to run on the gtx 650 or the iGPU to enter the BIOS obviously) to run in legacy mode... this option can be also labeled as CSM(Compatibility Support Module)and you'll need to enable it.
On your motherboard it is labeled as CSM under the BOOT tab ib your BIOS. Enable it and test with the RX 470 again.

Some H61 motherboards have compatibility problems with newer cards and you'll need to check those settings mentioned above.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leblancc

Leblancc

Prominent
Mar 19, 2019
You might need to configure your BIOS(you'll need to run on the gtx 650 or the iGPU to enter the BIOS obviously) to run in legacy mode... this option can be also labeled as CSM(Compatibility Support Module)and you'll need to enable it.
On your motherboard it is labeled as CSM under the BOOT tab ib your BIOS. Enable it and test with the RX 470 again.

Some H61 motherboards have compatibility problems with newer cards and you'll need to check those settings mentioned above.
hmmmmm thanks for reply but still no luck...T.T

Leblancc

Prominent
Mar 19, 2019
Can you test the RX 470 on another system?... you need to check if the card actually works.
Which model of the VS series do you have?... is it the model with orange on the sticker or the grey labeled one?
the card actually works on other system ..jsust not in my PC T.T
i have vs450 Grey version...its still brand new tho..

Leblancc

Prominent
Mar 19, 2019
Just to be sure... could you swap the PSU with the one from the system where the RX 470 is working?

If it's not that either... I can't think of anything else. It might just be a compatibility problem with your H61 motherboard.
hmmm..thast what i thougt...maybe my MOBO has compatibility with it....any idea which mobo is the best for my pc ?
i5-3470
ddr3 RAM
Rx 470

Leblancc

Prominent
Mar 19, 2019
Try swapping the PSU from the working system first, if you didn't.

EDIT: does anything change if you disable CSM in your BIOS?
yes,i did try change to 550 psu ,still the same...

I did swap the psu to my old 550 watt psu,still no luck and yes I just tried the csm things...same result..

But I found something new ,
1;If I use OnBoard VGA while the card + 6 pins plug in the PC no display.
2.BUT if I use OnBoard while the card is plug on WITHOUT 6 pins plugged , it will show display ..
Sounds like not enough power right ?? Could it be both of my PSU falling? LMAOO

yes,i did try change to 550 psu ,still the same...

I did swap the psu to my old 550 watt psu,still no luck and yes I just tried the csm things...same result..

But I found something new ,
1;If I use OnBoard VGA while the card + 6 pins plug in the PC no display.
2.BUT if I use OnBoard while the card is plug on WITHOUT 6 pins plugged , it will show display ..
Sounds like not enough power right ?? Could it be both of my PSU falling? LMAOO

The VS450 is still a low quality unit.
If you could somehow test with something better from someone else's system would've been great... I can't put my finger on the PSU, yet though.

What are the other system specs? ... the one in which your RX 470 actually works

Last edited:

Leblancc

Prominent
Mar 19, 2019

[/QQ
The VS450 is still a low quality unit.
If you could somehow test with something better from someone else's system would've been great... I can't put my finger on the PSU, yet though.

What are the other system specs? ... the one in which your RX 470 actually works
Hold up,this is crazy 😂😂😂 , so today I updated my windows to the lastest version and I plug in the new Card(rx470) and windows somehow can detect that card on device manager (It does detect before but I'm getting error,DeviceNotConnected),
After using Hdmi-Hdmi it finally shows display . Crazy how windows update actually does fix my problem 😂😂😂😂 now I can use the card already.Thank you so much for your help sir,I appreciate it..Stay safe and God bless 🙌