Question New GPU. No Windows boot. No BIOS.

bmaddock

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
I replaced an old Gigabyte GPU with a Gigabyte Geforce RTX 3070. Now the PC powers on, but will not boot Windows and does not even get to the BIOS. There is no signal to the monitor. I hear no beeps indicating there's any activity. I've tried connecting the monitor to the onboard GPU - nothing. I've tried reinstalling the older GPU - nothing. No, I did not uninstall the older drivers (because I was stupid). The PSU is rated to 750, so I know there's enough power. The mobo lights go on, fans go on, and new GPU lights up.

Windows 10, MSI B550 mobo

jcarter12

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
Have you tried a different monitor or hooking it up to a TV to get it to show?

I know you said it does not boot into the BIOS, have you tried booting to BIOS with just the motherboard HDMI connection, if so try with a different monitor.

bmaddock

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
Have you tried a different monitor or hooking it up to a TV to get it to show?

I know you said it does not boot into the BIOS, have you tried booting to BIOS with just the motherboard HDMI connection, if so try with a different monitor.

I usually use a TV via HDMI for my monitor. I did try the HDMI through the new GPU, and a different monitor using a display port cable on both the mobo and the GPU. Nothing on any of those configurations. I'll try the mobo HDMI after work. Thanks!

I usually use a TV via HDMI for my monitor. I did try the HDMI through the new GPU, and a different monitor using a display port cable on both the mobo and the GPU. Nothing on any of those configurations. I'll try the mobo HDMI after work. Thanks!
This will likely not work. Most Ryzen CPUs don't have iGPU, only those with the name ending wit G.
Which CPU do you have ?

Reactions: kurdtnz

TRENDING THREADS