[SOLVED] New GPU not detected at all! (RX 6800 XT)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PcGamerFromHolland

Honorable
Apr 3, 2016
Dear people,

Finally, my new GPU came in. It's the Asus RX 6800 XT LC model, which I was very excited for. I installed the graphics card and started the system again and... no signal, just a black screen.

So, I put the DP cable back into the motherboard (iGPU of my 10700K) and checked the BIOS. It didn't detect anything in the PCIe slots. However, the fans of the GPU were spinning. This made me believe that my motherboard was not working as it should.

As I also had some issues with a previous card, but didn't investigate the problem at that time because it was only temporary, I reached out to the webshop where I bought the parts from and asked them for advice. They said as well that it could be the motherboard. After I sent them my motherboard, they tested it and it worked absolutely fine for them. They tested multiple graphics cards and other PCIe devices. All functioned fine.

So today I received my motherboard again, and I installed everything. Still not working! So, I wondered, maybe the GPU is DOA. So I tested it on my dad's PC, and it worked fine immediately!

Clearly it is something in my system that's not working but it is not the motherboard and not the GPU. I would be very surprised if it was the PSU, as it is a month old Corsair RM850x, which should be more than enough. Could it be the CPU somehow? What do you people think can be the problem? I already reset my BIOS multiple times, uninstalled all drivers with DDU and checked all the cables. Didn't work.

I'm currently quite upset with everything... I hope you can help me! Thanks in advance.

PC part list:
CPU: Intel 10700K
MoBo: Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
PSU: Corsair RM850x
RAM: Gskill Trident Z RGB 32 GB @ 4000 MHz CL15
CPU cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
SSD: Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 2 TB
GPU: Asus RX 6800 XT Strix LC
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic

Reactions: demisrael
Status
Not open for further replies.