Question New gpu not working correctly, 0MHz clocks and no usage. Error code 43.

Hello, So I built a pc 1.5yrs ago with these specs:
AMD Ryzen 3 1200 @3.7ghz OC
MSI B350 Gaming Plus
2x4gb 3200mhz G.skill Ripjaws V
PNY GTX 1050 2gb
Corsair CX550M
HP S700 120gb SSD w/ Windows 10 Pro X64

I got tired of my GTX1050s performance, so I decided to pick up a refurbished Sapphire RX480 8gb Nitro pulse.
Used GTX 1050, deleted MSI afterburner and settings, deleted anything Nvidia related including drivers, used DDU in safe mode.
The card arrives and looks great. Installed the Sapphire card and 8 pin power. RGB on the card turned on. Booting was a success. I downloaded the latest drivers directly from AMDS sight and they installed flawlessly. Now screen runs at the correct resolution, YAY. Even opened 1080p youtube and it played great. I was so excited until I sat the youtube video to 4k. The framerate was terrible. My 1050 did 4k youtube no problem.

Problem: Playing 1080p games or 4k youtube stutters to death and isn't smooth. Nothing loads correctly

I opened GTAV, only to have the game say I didn't have enough Vram. Game loaded anyway, but at 480p low. I used to use 1080p highish with my 1050. Turning settings to 1080p low gave me stutter and 5fps. GTAV said my card had 4gb vram in settings. Nothing loaded in properly.
Opening a DX11 title recieves a DX error. Must be running in DX10 only.
Downloaded MSI afterburner to see 0% GPU usage, 0mhz Vram, 0mhz core, 0% fan speed. I couldn't change anything. Device manager displays RX480, but with Error code 43, meaning the card can't be used.
GPUZ sees the 8gb card, but again 0mhz and some things are missing.
HWmonitor and Userbenchmark see no GPU at all.

What I have done: Reinstalled latest drivers 2 times. Taken 8 pin out of the card, returning me with no boot so I plugged it back in.
I even put my 1050 in alongside the 480, however, the PC wouldn't boot. Wouldnt boot with either card individually. No motherboard debug lights lit. My motherboard is picky about hardware changes, so i cleared the CMOS and the PC booted correctlyish on the 480. My mobo even needs CMOS cleared if I change storage drives, pathetic.

The card seems to be running using software rendering;.
View: https://imgur.com/a/BcAIaEs

This sounds like a VBIOS or related hardware issue. How can I solve this without a return?
The card works well enough for me to type this to you with 1080p youtube working flawlessly in the background.

Last edited:
I just repasted the card and upgraded CPU cooler and case fans. GPU runs in the 60s in GTAV, so I believe I have the thermal headroom to turn my 480 into a 580.

The stock TIM was rather hard and there wasn't really enough applied from the factory. I had to chisel away at the paste for awhile with some alcohol. Added some newer and better paste and temps went down near 10-20c

I grabbed a Sapphire 580 pulse 8gb bios since the clocks are lower than the nitro 580 bios, so i figure it would work better on my GPU. The clocks are only like 20mhz higher than the current 480 bios, but i figure it is a bump.

I tried ATIWinFlash, but that gives me a SSID error, which makes sense. I tried forcing the flash from the command line, but the command line doesnt see any GPUs, even though my cpu has no IGPU and i would need a gpu to boot lol.

How do i fix this? Also, is there any up to date guides for using a bootable dos USB? The only ones I see are from like 2007 and need a USB and CD drive and i dont have the latter.