New GPU or PSU: Computer Shut Down when Under Load (PSU Reports 2 short beeps)

ShiroItami

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
I recently bought a new GPU, a Gigabyte 770GTX 4GB Windforce towards upgrading my computer. I was planning on a new motherboard and CPU but meanwhile I'm sticking with what I have, since reportedly, despite bottle-necking, I will see improvements. So I decided to install my new graphics card and it works fine, untill I play an intensive game where It would occasionally shut off and my PSU will beep 2 short beep, which according to the guide, means "Video Problem"

These shut off happens seemingly when I play Video Games. Only when. I did a few test and bench markings, nothing happened.

My current Specs
Motherboard: Asus Crosshair IV Formula
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
PSU: Enermax Infinity - 720

My judgement is pointing towards the PSU, because the 2 beeps it gives during shutdown says "Video Problem" However, perhaps my video-card IS faulty? If So, I want to get these new Upgrades
Motherboard: ASUS GRYPHON Z87
CPU: Intel i7 4770
Ram: A set of 8GB (Might be Kingston)

So A power supply would be needed to work with that upgrade.

So what is the verdict? Is my PSU actually fautly or should I return my GPU?

Edit: It has come to my attention that while using OCCT 4.4.0 powersupply test. My Core Tempuratures went almost as high as 80 Celsius in less than 2 minute of testing. This was with full load keep in mind. It kept rising and rising. I found out that long long time ago I was overclocking my 3.4ghz to a 3.6ghz for test and forgot about it... I reverted to stock state and now my CPU hangs around 70 degress when fully loaded. This however does not make sense since my PSU does two short beeps which amounts to "Video Problem" but perhaps because of the OC, MY CPU was Overheating after playing an intensive game. However my computer will turn on instantly afterwards.

This is however, only after I installed the GPU, before it would normally hang around 62-64 degress with a GTX 470

A reminder that my PSU is as follows:

ENERMAX INFINITI EIN720AWT 720W ATX12V/ EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Solution
Set your CPU back to default settings, and check that the CPU cooler isn't loose or improperly mounted. Then test the graphics card again, with everything at stock. I haven't heard great things about Enermax power supplies, so I can't really vouch for them, but any company can have defective products. See if you can find another power supply to test your system with, something with at least 500W should be enough for stock clocks on everything.

ShiroItami

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

I have made some updates to my thing. And here is the full title of my PSU
ENERMAX INFINITI EIN720AWT 720W ATX12V/ EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

thismafiaguy

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
Set your CPU back to default settings, and check that the CPU cooler isn't loose or improperly mounted. Then test the graphics card again, with everything at stock. I haven't heard great things about Enermax power supplies, so I can't really vouch for them, but any company can have defective products. See if you can find another power supply to test your system with, something with at least 500W should be enough for stock clocks on everything.

Solution