New GPU overheats..?

A-KAY

Reputable
Mar 4, 2015
Hey guys got my rig built and put together. Heres what i'm running for hardware!

GIGABYTE 78LMT-USB3
AMD FX 4300 3.8GHz
SAPPHIRE R9 270X 2GB OC GPU
1 TB SEAGATE HDD
CORSAIR VS 550 PSU
4*2 8GB 1600MHz RAM

As soon as i started play any game even at low setting my gpu starts overheat at first i was thinking that my gpu is faulty then i have send that graphic card back to the seller after replacement when i got the new one it also does the same it also overheats and the temp was 70 to 80 degree..plz help me what should i do in this condition....??

blockhead78

Distinguished
Have you overclocked the GPU at all?

if the GPU is working fine, then it's all about ambient temps, fans and airflow

What PC case do you have?
How many fans do you have?
How have you set the fans up?
What is the ambient temp in the room where the pc is?

A-KAY

Reputable
Mar 4, 2015
one at the top,one at side and another at the back.....yes as soon as i start BF4 or any game or video the temp goes 60C after in 10mins immediately its goes to 77C...

blockhead78

Distinguished
what is the GPU temp when the system is idle?

technically, you're still within safe limits for what that GPU can handle

the general consensus is that as long as it's under 85C, then it shuld be ok. Personally, under 80C is better in my opinion.

If you've got good idle temps, it might be that you need to add some extra fans in your case to improve airflow for when the GPU is under load.

Also, if you haven't tried already, trying increasing the GPU fan speed

A-KAY

Reputable
Mar 4, 2015
The idle tepm was 40C
as soon as it reaches 77C my whole pc start overheat and and the result it shutdown itself...should i change my psu from 550watts to 650watts or should i go for another graphic card which does'nt need external power as now my planning to buy msi gtx 750ti

blockhead78

Distinguished
hmm if it's a brand new gpu and overheating to the point of shutting down, it might be faulty

the R9 270X should not be crashing at 77C

seeing as it's new, you could get it replaced under warranty

if a replacement one does the same, it could be a faulty PSU

A-KAY

Reputable
Mar 4, 2015
ya i ordered new Cooler Master Thunder 600 Watt psu.......n also i wanna order new Graphic card suggest me any from GTX series on which i can play GTA 5 on high setting.thnx in advance