New Gpu problems. Help please

samonskis1

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014
Hi guys, I just got a EVGA 650 ti 2 GB, an update from a EVGA GTX 470. I installed it and all the drivers on a clean install. All drivers installed successfully and the display changed from the apu to gpu 1080p as expected. I started to play Arma 3 and less than 20 minutes in the computer freezes with a continuous beep playing from the motherboard and garbled static coming from the headphones. Tested arma again and same thing happened on lower settings. Played GTA V on max everything and was fine, played Dota 2, watched some youtube, launched Dota 2 and it crashed when trying to join a game. These crashes seem at random when either the CPU or GPU are under load.Every time it must be manually turned off as it becomes unresponsive. Precision X recognizes the card and I adjusted the setting accordingly to the GPU mem clock and GPU clock as to make sure it isn't going over them. I used EVGA OC control and ran a benchmark that came back fine and a test for 45 min with no crash, and no crazy heat buildup in CPU or GPU, i then launched arma 3 again and it crashes. I have had this exact same crash before with my old card when I first got it but have not had crashes of this frequency. I will try a few more things but I'm a computer noob and want to know if I have to return this card or upgrade some parts. Does OC control only utilize the GPU? Could my old processor be the problem? Do I need a new Cpu/motherboard, or power supply. Is my new card bad? Any help is greatly appreciated!
-Windows7 x64 home premium
-10 gigs highspeed ddr3 ram
1Tb HDD
-EVGA 650 Ti GPU
-ASUS M4a78TE
-Amd Phenom IIx4 810 at 2.61 GHz
-650W corsair TX

Solution
if it is select games it sounds like software problems most likely. Day Z is new so I'd suspect it has some crashing issues, but I am unsure. I doubt it's a heat issue as GTA is a graphics demanding game and would stress the gpu. Check the games for updates and see if you can update your drivers.
if it is select games it sounds like software problems most likely. Day Z is new so I'd suspect it has some crashing issues, but I am unsure. I doubt it's a heat issue as GTA is a graphics demanding game and would stress the gpu. Check the games for updates and see if you can update your drivers.

Solution

samonskis1

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014

Yeah thanks ill keep trying to update stuff. Its not game specific and just seems to happen when under stress.