Question New GPU/PSU. My system keeps crashing

scandrews

Honorable
Jan 30, 2018
I installed a new GPU and PSU in my system. I used DDU to remove old graphics drivers, and installed the new drivers for my new GPU. But now my system keeps crashing. And not even when gaming, but when I'm just web surfing. My CPU/GPU temps are fine (CPU running low 30s when web surfing, gets up to mid 50's/low 60's when gaming).

Any ideas what might be causing it?

Here are my specs:

Ryzen 5800x
MSI B550 Unify
32GB DDR4 3600
Radeon 7900xt (AMD model)
Corsair RM1000e PSU
EK 360mm Basic AIO

Any suggestions/ideas?

Ralston18

Titan
Manually download, install, and configure all drivers directly from the applicable manufacturer's website.

No third party tools or installers.

By doing so you have more control and can observe the installation process.

If the crashes continue then look for error codes, warnings, and information events in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Especially any codes, etc. that occur just before or at the time of the crashes.

scandrews

Honorable
Jan 30, 2018
Manually download, install, and configure all drivers directly from the applicable manufacturer's website.

No third party tools or installers.

By doing so you have more control and can observe the installation process.

If the crashes continue then look for error codes, warnings, and information events in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Especially any codes, etc. that occur just before or at the time of the crashes.
I did that.

Deleted old drivers using DDU. Installed new drivers from AMD's website.

Not getting any codes on the readout on the MB. Don't get BSOD, everything just freezes. Mouse won't move, no response from keyboard.

scandrews

Honorable
Jan 30, 2018
When you installed the new psu did you use all the new psu cables to replace the other psu? Do you get any blue screen messages?
Everything new. Moved from a 750 EVGA G6 to a 1000w Corsair. Was using a set of full length cablemod replacement cables with the EVGA. Using the cables that came with the corsair now (new cablemod cables have not arrived yet.

No blue screens. Everything just freezes. Mouse and keyboard don't respond

Ralston18

Titan
No errors, warnings, or even informational events in Reliability History and/or Event Viewer - correct?

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

You may need to unplug and replug a few times to ensure a full, firm, fits.

Consider a new CMOS battery as a matter of elimination.

Run "sfc /scannow" and "dism" to find and repair any buggy or corrupted files.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central