[SOLVED] New Gpu rtx 3080ti

Jul 21, 2021
Hey guys i just got a rtx 3080 ti gigabyte oc .. and im kinda worrying about my temps i tried some rainbow six siege at 2k resolution maxed out and i was hitting around 81c
i tried doom ultra everything and rtx on and got to 85c
( i don't have front fans ) only one back and the two fans thatare connected to the rad and have them at intake

can some one help me ? i see general benchmarks with everything maxed out people are hiting 71 c not 81 or 85 and im kinda scared since i don't know much about it

Solution
85c isn’t dangerous but it will reduce the amount of boost. From your description it sounds like you don’t have good airflow in your case. With my 3080 when I added a 140mm to the bottom of the case as an intake that directed air to the gpu it reduced temperatures by approximately 5c. However many cases don’t have the option for fans on the bottom but you should try and maximise airflow.
85c isn’t dangerous but it will reduce the amount of boost. From your description it sounds like you don’t have good airflow in your case. With my 3080 when I added a 140mm to the bottom of the case as an intake that directed air to the gpu it reduced temperatures by approximately 5c. However many cases don’t have the option for fans on the bottom but you should try and maximise airflow.

Reactions: TheWalkingDonut
Solution
Jul 21, 2021
i have and old corsair case but i think its time to buy a new one maybe the 5000D airflow case ? ... how can i be sure its not something wrong ?

Jul 21, 2021
also my idle temps seem fine 34 idle on both cpu and gpu but when i game its goes all out around 81c

also my idle temps seem fine 34 idle on both cpu and gpu but when i game its goes all out around 81c
When there is no load you have sufficient airflow to maintain a reasonable temperature but under load you don’t. This sounds typical of a lack of airflow and the high end 3000 series need good airflow. As for which case check out Gamers Nexus reviews.

Reactions: TheWalkingDonut