Question new gpu same fps

Apr 23, 2019
hello everyone

since the last year i have been facing a lower fps in the game, but i didn't care to fix it until last month, when i start to get freeze spike in the game for like 2 to 3 sec.
the issue am having is lower fps even if i change the game setting i can barely see an increase in fps, while my friends have same or lower than my setup and got better fps.
pc spec:
MB: gigabyte z87 g1 sniper 5 with last bios update.
CPU: i7 4770
ram: 32 GB (4x4)
GPU: GTX 970
the new gpu: 1080 ti
PSU: thermaltake 1000W
SSD: Samsung 850 evo 240GB.
monitor: Acer Predator Z35.

the temperature in CPU and GPU all under 65 Celsius.

solution i tried:
  1. full remove of the driver with DDU and install a new one without gefore experience.
  2. change thermal for the CPU and GPU.
  3. test the game in external HDD.
  4. test the 2nd PCIe x16.
  5. A full fresh install of windows and the required software installed after the format.
  6. tested the ram one by one to see if any of them causing the issue.
  7. tested also HDMI in the same monitor.
  8. tested another monitor.
  9. installed the new GPU 1080 ti after the format and same FPS as GTX 970
  10. compared the fps to my pc friend ( he got 4790k, 16 GB ram and 1080 ti ) with the same setting in the game he got the double of my fps.

the game is world of warcraft.
i also tried the solution in wow forum but still no fix

right now my head is almost going to explode, i can't think of any other solution, i was hoping to fix the issue before i bother you guys but my hands are tight and i wish i can find a fix form the expert people like you guys.

please if it's not the correct section for my thread please transfer it.

thx

Apr 23, 2019
What is your cup usage on each core when in game? I seem to remember reading an update to WoW significantly increased the cpu requirements.
hello and ty for you reply
all core usage between 35 to 45%
i7 4770 is very good cpu and i also checked if it bottleneck but it doesn't
one friend have i5 4460 with gtx 1060 and 2k monitor and he got extra better fps.

ishaankaushik

Honorable
BANNED
Sep 7, 2017
hello everyone

since the last year i have been facing a lower fps in the game, but i didn't care to fix it until last month, when i start to get freeze spike in the game for like 2 to 3 sec.
the issue am having is lower fps even if i change the game setting i can barely see an increase in fps, while my friends have same or lower than my setup and got better fps.
pc spec:
MB: gigabyte z87 g1 sniper 5 with last bios update.
CPU: i7 4770
ram: 32 GB (4x4)
GPU: GTX 970
the new gpu: 1080 ti
PSU: thermaltake 1000W
SSD: Samsung 850 evo 240GB.
monitor: Acer Predator Z35.

the temperature in CPU and GPU all under 65 Celsius.

solution i tried:
  1. full remove of the driver with DDU and install a new one without gefore experience.
  2. change thermal for the CPU and GPU.
  3. test the game in external HDD.
  4. test the 2nd PCIe x16.
  5. A full fresh install of windows and the required software installed after the format.
  6. tested the ram one by one to see if any of them causing the issue.
  7. tested also HDMI in the same monitor.
  8. tested another monitor.
  9. installed the new GPU 1080 ti after the format and same FPS as GTX 970
  10. compared the fps to my pc friend ( he got 4790k, 16 GB ram and 1080 ti ) with the same setting in the game he got the double of my fps.
the game is world of warcraft.
i also tried the solution in wow forum but still no fix

right now my head is almost going to explode, i can't think of any other solution, i was hoping to fix the issue before i bother you guys but my hands are tight and i wish i can find a fix form the expert people like you guys.

please if it's not the correct section for my thread please transfer it.

thx
Clear the CMOS .

retiredofficer

Honorable
Feb 28, 2018
-Symtoms of the CPU is throthling or the GPU not fully in working during game when is compared to other system. As long as the games can provide acceptable framerate well there is nothing to worry about. This could be dangerous malware infection.
-Disable CPU Thermal Monitor/Control in BIOS

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019
-Symtoms of the CPU is throthling or the GPU not fully in working during game when is compared to other system. As long as the games can provide acceptable framerate well there is nothing to worry about. This could be dangerous malware infection.
-Disable CPU Thermal Monitor/Control in BIOS
you mean on board graphic ?
if yes already disabled

Apr 23, 2019
Your symptom is a lack of cpu processing power.

My understanding is that WOW is largely single threaded.
4790K will have a higher clock rate, particularly if it is overclocked.

Try turning off hyperthreading in the bios and see if you do better.
hello
i couldn't find the option in bios, i think its off if clear cmos disabled it.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
WoW is a very processing heavy game. It has to calculate player position, stats, spell effect radius, etc for EVERY player and NPC on the screen, send that to the GPU to render the appropriate scene and receive all the data from other players from the server, and send out your data to the server in near real time. Collision detection, object occlusion, the list goes on.

All that information is stored in the memory for processing. Having the timings be loose and the bandwidth low probably meant that some things that would normally take 3 or 4 CPU clock cycles were taking 7 or more. I'm making that up, but the effects would start to multiply for every single thing that needed to get processed. Only possible solution to keeping the game running at all would be to lower the number of on screen updates and thus lower the FPS.