[SOLVED] New GPU, Same Fps.

jivareng

Commendable
Aug 4, 2020
Hello everyone,

I've been playing rust and I've been issuing low fps for a long time, I was getting around 50-60 fps and sometimes lower than that
so I've decided to make an upgrade and get myself a new GPU. i bought Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080.

My old specs:
CPU: Intel I7 4790 4.0 GHz
Ram: Kingston 2x8 (16 GB)
Old GPU: Gtx 960
New GPU: Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080
PSU: High power 750w bronze
(no SSD yet, I'm gonna order one very soon)
HDD: 4TB SEAGATE Barracuda
Monitor: Viewsonic XG 2402 144hz 1ms

Same settings in rust. everything same but my GPU, it was 50-60 fps with 960, its still the same with 2080.

I am sure V-Sync is not active.

I've installed some drivers yet it still didn't help. what might be the issue?

Solution
I would also add that cpu score is extremely low, so that could definitely be holding you back. Please make sure it is not overheating and you have it set to high performance

jivareng

Commendable
Aug 4, 2020
Test in other games.

That's the same thing, actually.
hi, I've been playing rust so much I deleted other games, I will install another game and I will send my results.

also the reason I was talking about the pins is this post:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Well, if Rust is the only game, you should've made sure changing the gpu would've been the way to go.
If I recall correctly from an old thread, the weakest link of that game is the network service it runs from. It's dated, and hasn't been updated in some time.

6+2pin = 8pin. The actual 8pin is the end of the cables that should be inserted into the psu.

jivareng

Commendable
Aug 4, 2020
Well, if Rust is the only game, you should've made sure changing the gpu would've been the way to go.
If I recall correctly from an old thread, the weakest link of that game is the network service it runs from. It's dated, and hasn't been updated in some time.

6+2pin = 8pin. The actual 8pin is the end of the cables that should be inserted into the psu.
hi, firstly I am happy to hear that 6+2 pin is not an issue.

however I know about the game and I know how much fps people get, I play most games on medium low settings and I should be getting more than 100-120 if I am not wrong. i will tell you the results I am downloading a game rn

Jul 30, 2020
Ensure vsync is set to use 3d application settings in the nvidia control panel, 3d settings. Set this in global settings and per application. Then ensure vsync is set off in game. If you are using gsync then leave vsync on in control panel, off in game. Also ensure your refresh rate is set correctly in the control panel too.

jivareng

Commendable
Aug 4, 2020
Ensure vsync is set to use 3d application settings in the nvidia control panel, 3d settings. Set this in global settings and per application. Then ensure vsync is set off in game. If you are using gsync then leave vsync on in control panel, off in game. Also ensure your refresh rate is set correctly in the control panel too.
50-60 fps now. not helped.

My rams are 1333 mhz and my motherboard is kinda old, could that be the reason? my cpu is intel 4790 which is why I cant get a better ram 4790 can only work with 1333 MHz rams.

Jul 30, 2020
I don't think that is the problem. Although a newer cpu and ram will give you a performance boost, you should definitely be able to go above 60fps most of the time with that cpu and ram. Have you set your refresh rate correctly?

jivareng

Commendable
Aug 4, 2020
I don't think that is the problem. Although a newer cpu and ram will give you a performance boost, you should definitely be able to go above 60fps most of the time with that cpu and ram. Have you set your refresh rate correctly?
That's what I've been thinking about that's all I'm asking, IF my GPU is healthy I am okay with it, I will get new rams new mb new CPU in some time. as long as my gpu is not the problem but my old pc parts are its okay

Jul 30, 2020
An RTX 2080 should have no trouble running above 60fps so it could be faulty if your not able to reach higher fps. Gotto steam and search for 3d mark. Click download demo. Run 3d mark timespy and compare your gpu score to other rtx 2080. This will tell you if your gpu is healthy.

jivareng

Commendable
Aug 4, 2020
An RTX 2080 should have no trouble running above 60fps so it could be faulty if your not able to reach higher fps. Gotto steam and search for 3d mark. Click download demo. Run 3d mark timespy and compare your gpu score to other rtx 2080. This will tell you if your gpu is healthy.
Downloading it now, I'll let you know about the results.

jivareng

Commendable
Aug 4, 2020
2O5i0ue.png

Here are my results.