[SOLVED] New GPU, Same Fps.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jivareng

Commendable
Aug 4, 2020
Hello everyone,

I've been playing rust and I've been issuing low fps for a long time, I was getting around 50-60 fps and sometimes lower than that
so I've decided to make an upgrade and get myself a new GPU. i bought Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080.

My old specs:
CPU: Intel I7 4790 4.0 GHz
Ram: Kingston 2x8 (16 GB)
Old GPU: Gtx 960
New GPU: Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080
PSU: High power 750w bronze
(no SSD yet, I'm gonna order one very soon)
HDD: 4TB SEAGATE Barracuda
Monitor: Viewsonic XG 2402 144hz 1ms

Same settings in rust. everything same but my GPU, it was 50-60 fps with 960, its still the same with 2080.

I am sure V-Sync is not active.

I've installed some drivers yet it still didn't help. what might be the issue?

Solution
I would also add that cpu score is extremely low, so that could definitely be holding you back. Please make sure it is not overheating and you have it set to high performance

jivareng

Commendable
Aug 4, 2020
I would also add that cpu score is extremely low, so that could definitely be holding you back. Please make sure it is not overheating and you have it set to high performance
Well, my CPU is not good enough for 2080 in my opinion. I prefer changing it tho to change it i need to change my motherboard first, if the results of RTX is good, i will just get a new motherboard, a new cpu and new rams one by one when i get some cash. thank you guys for all the support.

either way, I need a new motherboard and new CPU so doesn't really matter. thank you all for the support, I hope I can get a new MB and a new CPU soon.

You've got a 40% performance loss on that cpu score in timespy.

That needs looking into, there is absolutely some form of performance throttling going on.

CPU score with a 4770 should be around 4000 marks.

You're taking the difference between 60fps and 100fps in game.

The 4770 is old now but it can still perform well, yours just isn't for some reason.

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
You might be having an issue with your drivers, they often break when you replace your GPU, I would suggest uninstalling your GPU drivers using DDU. Also, I guess that your CPU is holding you back in CPU dependant titles like Rust