New GPU - stuck on windows logo

Oct 3, 2018
I just changed my gpu from a gtx 760 to rx 580. Now, after booting up without any problems, I'm stuck on windows 10 logo. What's interesting is that I can hear that windows is operating through my headphones (some prompts popped up). What do you think might be the problem?

Make sure you have the most recent motherboard bios version installed?

If you don't, then install it.

If you do, then turn off the power, unplug the power supply from the wall socket, remove the CMOS battery for five minutes and during that five minutes press the power button for about 30 seconds. Then return the CMOS battery to the motherboard, plug the PSU back into the wall and start the system.

Go into the BIOS and choose the default settings option. Reconfigure any custom settings you need to have configured. Save settings and exit bios.

See if the problem remains. If it does, you can try putting the old graphics card back in, booting into windows, then doing a clean install of the GPU card drivers by FIRST removing the current Nvidia drivers using the DDU, then installing the latest AMD drivers which you should have previously downloaded from their website or the product page for your graphics card. Then reboot.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/perform-clean-install-video-card-drivers.html