My specs:

Computer Unit - HP Pavillon HPE H8-1022
Motherboard - Pegatron IPISB-CH2
CPU - Intel Core i7-2600CPU @3.4 ghz
OS - Windows 7 64-bit
GPU - EVGA Geforce GTX 760
PSU - OCZ Fatal1ty 750W
Memory - 10G RAM

So recently I bought this new GTX 760 from EVGA and a new PSU (OCZ fatal1ty 750W) to meet the requirements (my old PSU was a 460 Watt. It wouldn't be able to run the card). I've had this computer since 2011 and never had a single problem with it. Upon installing the new hardware, when starting the machine, the HP start menu screen appears, followed by a beeping sound every 10-15 seconds and no response from the keyboard.

Obviously the problem must have been with the new hardware, but no. Restoring the old ATI Radeon HD 6770 (the one that came with my computer unit when I bought it) while keeping the new PSU, my system boots and works just fine. All games and everything else works with no hassle.

To test out the GTX 760, I installed it on another computer we have and it booted up and worked perfectly. So there hardly seems to be any issue with it either..!

I tried updating my BIOS, I tried the whole bunch of different connectors that came with my modular PSU to see if that might do the trick, with and without the extensions included with the graphics card. The GPU is a 6-pin + 8-pin one, and both were always connected. After around 8-9 tries, where I checked each time to see if the connectors and the card were connected and fitted like they should, I ran out of options.

Does the problem lie with the motherboard itself (an IPISB-CH2 by Pegatron), who might not be compatible with the GTX 760 or with Nvidia at all, or is it something between my PSU and Graphics card?

Thank you all!

Solution
Could be a few issues.
To my knowledge it could either be a voltage issue or the motherboard dosent support that driver

Voltage issue:The driver may require a little more voltage or alittle less to run properly so the system can boot. You can try upgrading the power supply JUST A LITTLE BIT. Too much power can fry the motherboard and/or other drivers

Motherboard dosent support that drive:You can look up your motherboard and find out what it supports. If it dpse t support that drive, either use your other gpu or get a new motherboard.

sgtskywalker

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013

Thank you for answering!

But I don't understand what you mean by "power of the driver". Could you explain it to me?

Murler

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
Could be a few issues.
To my knowledge it could either be a voltage issue or the motherboard dosent support that driver

Voltage issue:The driver may require a little more voltage or alittle less to run properly so the system can boot. You can try upgrading the power supply JUST A LITTLE BIT. Too much power can fry the motherboard and/or other drivers

Motherboard dosent support that drive:You can look up your motherboard and find out what it supports. If it dpse t support that drive, either use your other gpu or get a new motherboard.

Solution

sgtskywalker

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013

Well I've been actually checking out for some time now info about my motherboard. Haven't really found any incompatibilities, and as far as most people know, it should support my card.. A lot of people seem to have it with GTX 500-600-700 series without problems.

As for the voltage thing, I don't see how I could manage to accomplish that nor how that would actually be safe lol.