New GPU upgrade

Fod

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
Hi there,

I have recently upgraded to the new Titan X, I have a 4k monitor which when watching HD or 4k films I find these are not as good as they should be, I see a grain effect which comes and goes and sometimes blacks are a problem with pixels. I dont know if I need to upgrade any other items on my system or if maybe the new Titan X I have is faulty?

I have all drivers upto date, but have uninstalled Geforce Experience due to it being a pain in the harris!

Here is my system.

Motherboard - Sabretooth Z87
CPU - i7 4770k O/C.
Ram - 8GB
PSU - Corsair RM750w
GPU - Titan X
Monitor - ASUS PB287Q

Thanks.

Solution
You should be good with that setup. Question though, what kind of cable are you using to connect from video card to monitor? You should probably be using DP unless both the monitor and video card have HDMI 2.0 then that would work. If you have a good cable and newest drivers, then you could have a faulty card.

mcconkeymike

Distinguished
You should be good with that setup. Question though, what kind of cable are you using to connect from video card to monitor? You should probably be using DP unless both the monitor and video card have HDMI 2.0 then that would work. If you have a good cable and newest drivers, then you could have a faulty card.

Solution

Fod

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
Hi Mike,

Yes I am using a DP lead for monitor and HDMI for TV hook up. Is there any way to test card to confirm as I don't seem to have any problems when gaming.