New gpu upgrade

Rogers2

Reputable
Jun 24, 2015
I have a x4 860k at stock (Going to get a hyper 212 evo). And a gtx 750 ti graphics card. I was wondering what would be the best gpu that won't bottleneck much on rust and csgo and gta v.

Solution
the idea is have at least 8 gbs and as fast as possible, you must have ddr3 with that x4, if the mainboard supports ddr3 1866, that is great, if not, surely you have ddr3 1600, that is ok

about the 960 or 470, i like amd more, so i would go for the rx470, the 960 is rather old and a 1060 would be alot better but we are talking about budget here, also power cnsumption

1060 and rx470 are more close in price, performance and power consumption

is your psu a decen recent psu?

both the rx and the gtx you mention or the one i recommend will require a 6 or 8 pin power connector, not like your 750 ti that uses only pci express power

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
bottleneck means that the cpu or gpu can't keep up with the other so you don't get as good as possible frames

the cpu you have is considered low end, so that 750 ti perhaps is near his limits in terms of overcloking

you can buy whatver card you want and put it in there

if you see that no matter what resolution you use, you don't see fps increase, it is a bottleneck

having said that, get a 1050ti and if you see it doesn't perform as fast as you might like, zen will be here in two months so cpu, mainboard and ram upgrade to get higher fps count

Rogers2

Reputable
Jun 24, 2015

I have 16 gigs of ram also would it still bottleneck? i was thinking of the 960 or the 470 to get then upgrade my motherboard and cpu to zen in a couple of months.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
the idea is have at least 8 gbs and as fast as possible, you must have ddr3 with that x4, if the mainboard supports ddr3 1866, that is great, if not, surely you have ddr3 1600, that is ok

about the 960 or 470, i like amd more, so i would go for the rx470, the 960 is rather old and a 1060 would be alot better but we are talking about budget here, also power cnsumption

1060 and rx470 are more close in price, performance and power consumption

is your psu a decen recent psu?

both the rx and the gtx you mention or the one i recommend will require a 6 or 8 pin power connector, not like your 750 ti that uses only pci express power

Solution