[SOLVED] New Gpu...

redza903

Reputable
Dec 23, 2017
My old one just got fried, aiming for 1080 ti...It is possible??
Mobo: ab350 gaming 3 ddr4
Processor: Amd Ryzen 5 1600
Ps: 600v

redza903

Reputable
Dec 23, 2017
Make and model of your PSU? How old is it? If your old GPU got fried, it's probably due to your PSU.
Make and model of your PSU? How old is it? If your old GPU got fried, it's probably due to your PSU. What GPU were you working with before it died?
Can't remember the exact name, but it's around a year old....My pc is at pc shop, and the dude who working on it decides it's the GPU 's fault...Kinda skeptical, previous PSU was replaced because it fried the previous mobo lol...Could it my electric plug's fault??...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Solution

redza903

Reputable
Dec 23, 2017
Much more likely the PSU. Being as that is what converts and regulates the power from your outlet.

THis a is a common problem with poor quality PSUs. I'd find the make and model but sounds to me like your PSU fried your GPU. So you'll need a new one of both. A good quality PSU at that. See point 1 here:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...when-selecting-parts-for-a-custom-pc.3510178/
I forget to tell you, it's
Just got news from my pc shop, apperently my GPU is not fried...It's not detected by 'device manager' and it's got code 43 problem...Don't know what that means....

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I forget to tell you, it's

Just got news from my pc shop, apperently my GPU is not fried...It's not detected by 'device manager' and it's got code 43 problem...Don't know what that means....
That's a generic "problem with device" code - so it could well be fried. A dead GPU can still be detected but Windows may prevent it's use or loading of drivers if it detects problems.

So it's a case of more testing.

redza903

Reputable
Dec 23, 2017
That's a generic "problem with device" code - so it could well be fried. A dead GPU can still be detected but Windows may prevent it's use or loading of drivers if it detects problems.

So it's a case of more testing.
Hooo...boy, I hope that warranty still stands lol...Thanks for your good responses...

redza903

Reputable
Dec 23, 2017
Just g
Only one way to find out unfortunately! Just have to swap and retest.
But either way, definitely get a good quality PSU! Otherwise the same things risk happening. It's usually the biggest oversight many make in a PC, as there is a lot of junk PSUs on the market.
just got Cpu back....My PSU is Coolmaster masterwatt lite 600w lol...