[SOLVED] New GPU

Sep 22, 2020
4 hours ago · OP
So I currently have a i5 6600k and I'm overall happy with my system and don't really want to replace the whole pc.. But I'm still using a gtx 1070 fe.
I'm wondering what would be the best card I could go for to replace this with without having to replace the cpu. I will do that at some point.. But probably not for another year or 2.
Im currently using an asus PG279QE, so it's being used for 1440p at 165hz.

Would I be able to use the new 3080 or is that too much and if so could I get away with the 3070 or is even that aiming to high.

Thanks

Solution
Well, of course you can upgrade to a 3080. Even so this will work strongest in 4k, it will be also very good for 1440p. It is true, that you might experience some bottle neck with your processor in some games. But the more graphic intensive a game is (especially with ray tracing) the less bottle neck you will experience in 1440p. That being said. I think the 3070 might be a better card paired with your processor. But if you plan to upgrade the processor during the period you going to use the new cards, why not go with an 3080, as long you are ok with the investment. But if you plan to stay with the 6600k for another few years, I would recommend a 3070 or even 3060....

mjbn1977

Distinguished
Well, of course you can upgrade to a 3080. Even so this will work strongest in 4k, it will be also very good for 1440p. It is true, that you might experience some bottle neck with your processor in some games. But the more graphic intensive a game is (especially with ray tracing) the less bottle neck you will experience in 1440p. That being said. I think the 3070 might be a better card paired with your processor. But if you plan to upgrade the processor during the period you going to use the new cards, why not go with an 3080, as long you are ok with the investment. But if you plan to stay with the 6600k for another few years, I would recommend a 3070 or even 3060....

Reactions: Closetchimp
Solution