[SOLVED] New Graphic Card and System stucked

Nov 4, 2019
Hi all, I have the following (old) configuration:
MB: ASUS AM3-H/HDMI (chipset AMD 780G + SB700)
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
GPU: ASUS Radeon HD6570
RAM: 4GB DDR2
PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 550W
Last BIOS version installed

I tried to install an ASUS ROG STRIX RX570 OC 4GB GAMING hoping in the PCI Express back compatibility. And it worked. Unfortunaltely I had an issue in the boot
sequence. My pc was stucked in the POST with the message "Initialize USB controller..." and I can not enter in the BIOS configuration anymore. Nothing works. Or better, in order to boot Win7, I had to unplug the USB mouse connected (the only USB device connected at the moment). But after the Win7 logo, the system restar again (I think I saw a blue screen before booting again). So I was forced to reinstall the HD6570 again. How could the RX570 (more powerful for sure than HD6570) had an issue with the USB controller? Thanks in advance.

Solution
Is your BIOS the latest version?

Unrelated, you realise if for gaming your system will seriously hold back an RX570. I hope you plan to upgrade the rest.
Nov 4, 2019
Is your BIOS the latest version?

Unrelated, you realise if for gaming your system will seriously hold back an RX570. I hope you plan to upgrade the rest.
Hi and thanks for your reply. Yes the BIOS is the latest version as written. I received the RX570 for free. I know all the rest of my pc is totally not sufficient to run moderm games. But it is not the use I make. Thanks.

Last edited: