new graphic card for amd athlon x2 250

gamingtime93

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017
i want a new graphic card near at 100 €, i have amd athlon x2 250 3ghz .In the feature i will update and the cpu but i dont have a lot of money plz give me some good choices

Solution

Depends on the rest of your system. As pointed out, that's a pretty weak CPU...but not only is it going to hold back a 1050TI, the rest of your components might not allow a 1050TI to even work

• ■ As also pointed out, some older motherboards have issues with newer GPUs, which could affect your GPU choice.
    ■ Is this a prebuilt OEM system, or one you put together? Probably70-80% of the OEM PSUs don't have the PCIe power connectors for GPUs like the 1050TI (although the base model is a 75W card that theoretically only needs the PCIe slot to run, most of the...

spdragoo

Expert
Ambassador

Depends on the rest of your system. As pointed out, that's a pretty weak CPU...but not only is it going to hold back a 1050TI, the rest of your components might not allow a 1050TI to even work

• ■ As also pointed out, some older motherboards have issues with newer GPUs, which could affect your GPU choice.
    ■ Is this a prebuilt OEM system, or one you put together? Probably70-80% of the OEM PSUs don't have the PCIe power connectors for GPUs like the 1050TI (although the base model is a 75W card that theoretically only needs the PCIe slot to run, most of the partner cards require at least 1 PCIe power connector to function), & the ones that do don't have enough juice or a high enough 80 Plus rating to provide enough power. You might be limited to the non-TI 1050 model...or you might have to settle for a GT 1030.
    ■ Knowing what your current GPU is helps a lot with upgrading. For example, if you have any of AMD's Radeon HD 7800 series GPUs, an R7 265/370, or any of their R9 products, then a 1050TI isn't going to be much of an upgrade. But if your current GPU is an old HD 6670, or even something like the HD 5450/6450, then a GT 1030 would be a significant GPU upgrade, let alone a 1050/1050TI.
    ■ Finally, knowing what you'll be playing (or what your monitor is capable of displaying) is going to be a major factor as well. If your monitor is limited to 720p resolutions, then the GT 1030 or GTX 1050 (or the RX 560) are perfect options for you; if your monitor can handle 1080p resolutions, a 1060 or RX 580 would be better, but you'll run into CPU slowdowns.

Solution