Question New Graphic Card for Intel i5 2400

Jun 14, 2019
I have the following computer:
HP Pavillion
OS Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.10GHz (4 CPU's) Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM 12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION 2AC2 (CPU 1) 38 °C
Graphics Intel HD Graphics (HP)

Can I replace the graphic card to eneable support for GL3.3 and higher? If yes which on?

You meant support for OPENGL ? What's your main purpose and goal with this PC ? Is it for GAMING, or some other work, home/office/rendering etc. ? If your motherboard has one PCI-E x16 slot, then you can install any GPU. Though, sometimes select Pegatron mobos aren't fully compatible with the new GPUs, and in some cases we need to update the BIOS as well.

What's the exact model number of that HP Pavillion OEM DESKTOP ? What's your budget for the Video card ?

Jun 14, 2019
Thanks for responding.
I have an HP Pvillion p7-1155.
I need the to support OPEN GL3.3 or higher for photo editing SW.
My budget is low probably $250 - $300

Jun 14, 2019
Thanks for responding I see on HP website that this card is comaptable with Pegatron 2AC2 mobo. However, would 300 watts power supply suffice?

I see on HP website that this card is comaptable with Pegatron 2AC2 mobo. However, would 300 watts power supply suffice?

No. I wouldn't risk using this OEM PSU to power up the GTX 1660 Ti, even though it might work. Nvidia recommends a minimum 450 Watts PSU for this card, and also the non-Ti variant. Is the HP PSU having enough PCI-e connectors/cables for the GPU as well ?

Else, you need to look for some other GPU model, which consumes less power, and doesn't require any external PCI-E cable.