[SOLVED] New graphic card, no signal

Mar 29, 2022
I replaced my old Palit GTX 1050 with a new Gainward GTX 1660 and I get no signal to the monitor. I put the old graphic card back and still no signal. I test the cable, monitor and the two graphic cards on an older pc and they all work fine. I reset the CMOS without succes.
Motherboard: Gigabyte H410M H V3 socket lga 1200
Cpu: intel i5 10400h (no igpu)
Ram: 16GB Kingston ddr 4 2666 (2x8)
Psu: seasonic focus gx-550 watts

Last edited:
Solution
Everything works fine now on a new Asus motherboard. So the Gigabyte motherboard was the problem. I will never buy another Gigabyte product! I've wasted so much time and effort retesting everything because of their stupid faulty product!

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
I replaced my old Palit GTX 1050 with a new Gainward GTX 1660 and I get no signal to the monitor. I put the old graphic card back and still no signal. I test the cable, monitor and the two graphic cards on an older pc and they all work fine. I reset the CMOS without succes.
Motherboard: Gigabyte H410M H V3 socket lga 1200
Cpu: intel i5 10400h (no igpu)
Ram: 16GB Kingston ddr 4 2666
Do you have drivers for the new gpu installed?

Mar 29, 2022
The cpu and graphic card fans are spinning. I tested the cable, the monitor, the psu, and both graphic cards and they all work. I also reset the CMOS.

Mar 29, 2022
Things are getting weird. Now the older gtx 1050 works after a cmos reset. My bet is on a faulty motherboard. The new gainward gtx 1660 works on an older system. So does everything else. I will order a new motherboard. I never had any problem with asus products, so I will order an asus motherboard.

Things are getting weird. Now the older gtx 1050 works after a cmos reset. My bet is on a faulty motherboard. The new gainward gtx 1660 works on an older system. So does everything else. I will order a new motherboard. I never had any problem with asus products, so I will order an asus motherboard.
What PSU was used on the older PC ? It could be a problem with the PCIe power connection from the PSU to the gtx 1660 of you used another PSU in the old PC

Mar 29, 2022
Everything works fine now on a new Asus motherboard. So the Gigabyte motherboard was the problem. I will never buy another Gigabyte product! I've wasted so much time and effort retesting everything because of their stupid faulty product!

Last edited:
Reactions: peterf28
Solution
May 21, 2021
Everything works fine now on a new Asus motherboard. So the Gigabyte motherboard was the problem.
Not to be the bearer of bad news but if that gigabyte motherboard worked with your old graphics card and all you did was take out the old graphics card and inserted the new one, it suggests (but does not prove) that you may have damaged the pci-express slot on the motherboard, most likely the solder joints between pci-e slot and mobo. The old gpu working after a cmos reset seems independent of the problem since the new graphics card still didn’t work. My guess is that re-installing the old gpu when you reset the bios may have caused the solder joints between the pci-e slot and motherboard to come in contact again and after that, when you took out the old gpu to test the new gpu, the solder joint became out of contact again. This happened to a friends mobo a while ago and when I would push up the graphics card with 2 fingers it would work and when I let go the monitor went black haha.

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
hey... Don't hate on Gigabyte for just one product. Im using a gigabyte gpu and it works like a dream

May 10, 2022
Hi, this case could be related to Alin005 problem and add more information:

I've got here a client's PC with Gigabyte H410M H V3 (Rev. 1.3) motherboard, with BIOS upgraded to version FC, downloaded from here
https://www.gigabyte.com/ar/Motherboard/H410M-H-V3-rev-11-13/support#support-dl-bios

Intel Core i3-10100 CPU 3.60Ghz, 8GB RAM

It has Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 21H2 installed.

With only the onboard video it works fine, BIOS output shows duplicated both through the VGA and HDMI conectors, when Windows 10 loads, it extends the desktop through both conectors (being the VGA one the main screen by default).

When I add a PCI express card, it doesn't shows any BIOS output on any connector from either on board and PCI express card, while after booting Windows 10, it can show the four desktops two connected to the onboard video and two on the PCI express card.

So that confirms a lot of things: working bus, slot, card, unconflicting coexistence of onboard video and expansion card, and a inconvenience to show the UEFI BIOS post and Setup. I tested some settings on the BIOS, including defaults, and could not make them to show. Could it be a bug on the BIOS/mb? While I tested with three graphic cards, I must admit they are old, and posible the BIOS has compatibility requirements, although I didn't find information about this.