New Graphic Card Not Working Properly !!!

Nipun_3

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016
Please please please help me. I bought a new graphic card - gigabyte 1050ti 4gb d5. But I am getting around 40-50 in csgo. I watched in youtube, people playing csgo with my exact setup and they get over 100 fps. I have all the latest nvidia drivers trust me i do they are up to date. Please help me I actually cried when I saw that happen because i have waited 2 years for a gpu and there is no way i can but another in possible future. My other specs are Amd FX 6300, 8gb ddr3 1866mhz ram, corsair vs 450, gigabyte 78lmt-usb3 motherboard. I will really appreciate the help.
Update- Just realized the gpu fan is not working as well. Just in case that has something to do with it.

Nipun_3

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016

the gpu stays at like 40 50ss and the cpu does go up to like 60 70

samyakjain222

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017

Either the GPU is faulty or it is not getting full power.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Your CPU is overheating and throttling performance.

Get a better CPU cooler like the cm 212 evo.

If the GPU fan isn't working, it might be due to your card not being pushed hard enough for the fan to need to operate.

Try to keep that CPU below ~62 degrees C to avoid thermal throttling.

As mentioned above, get a new good quality heat-sink + fan. Clean the CPU and replace the thermal paste etc.

Nipun_3

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016

today i took the gpu to my friend's house. he has the same motherboard and cpu as me and both have 8gb ddr3 rams moreover my psu is corsair vs 450 and his is a stock one. on his computer the gpu was working perfectly fine with great fps. he does have a cpu cooler though whereas mine is stock. so basically i don't think it is the gpu that is faulty.

Nipun_3

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016
i will now surely get a new cpu cooler but there is another problem. the screen looks all fuzzy when i use the gpu but when i remove the gpu and use display with motherboard it loooks normal. and as i said i took it to my friends home, on his computer there was no fuzziness whatsoever in fact the monitor was looking amazing. i do have all the up to date drivers and bios.

Nipun_3

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016

thanks for the help. the gpu fan is now working by the way just needed to do some settings with msi afterburner. but i have said this above, i have one more issue please help me with that.

usr1235

Reputable
Aug 21, 2015

Your troubleshooting is helpful, it's too easy to blame the CPU overheating (max temp according to AMD is 70, http://products.amd.com/en-us/search/CPU/AMD-FX-Series/AMD-FX-6-Core-Black-Edition/FX-6300/136 - don't be surprised if you ever switch to Intel, they can and do get a lot hotter) but your test there seems to demonstrate that's not really the problem (although you should try to fix that, it won't just up and die but it will throttle down). The GPU fan probably wasn't turning on because it's just not that hot. Nvidia cards can get really hot and be fine, I try to keep them under 70 myself but they can run hotter. The fact that yours is so cool makes me think that's the problem, maybe not enough power...

The GPU seems like it's good based on your test with your friend, the CPU seems like it's good (even if running hot) based on the quoted test. That really leaves the power supply not being able to power up the card (although when that happens usually you start getting things like BSODs but who knows), or the motherboard. How old are those components? My guess (and it's hard to say for sure because there are so many variables) is that the PSU is going bad. That particular PSU is not well regarded here either - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ and here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html - that's an old list but it has the VS)

You don't need to spring for the best PSU in the world but in both those lists I'd avoid anything under Tier 3 as a rule if you're gaming.

Do you have a program that can monitor power use on your card? If not, something like MSI Afterburner will work, and try to see if it's actually drawing as much power as you'd expect it to. Perhaps download a graphical benchmark program like Uningine Heaven and crank the settings up to try and force the card to 100% power use. It would not surprise me if you immediately get a screen-full of nasty artifacts and then a hard crash or power off. Instead of pulling your GPU and taking it to your friends, see if he can bring his PSU over, that's easier to switch out and troubleshoot that way (edit: or actually, I guess that's not really easier. However, may also be enlightening to try his video card with your PSU too, although that may not be a good idea in case something goes really wrong, you don't want to damage his card).

Does your fuzziness problem happen all the time, or only when gaming?

Nipun_3

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016

i will try his psu and gpu and tell the results. and the screen is always fuzzy even the desktop and taskbar. and is this helps, i noticed that in nvidia control panel, under change resolution it says that the connector is hdmi-hdtv but actually my monitor is analog so only supports vga so i use an active vga to dvi-d connector to connect to gpu. and if that has anything to do with it i can tell that even my friend's monitor is analog so i used to same active connector but i did not check his nvidia control panel though. but in my nvidia control panel only under configure surround, physx it does say that i am connected with dvi-d.