[SOLVED] New Graphic Card to play WOT, WOWS & Guild Wars 2 ?

Lukhino

Reputable
Jul 8, 2020
Hi,
would you please help me with choosing a new graphic card?
I only play these 3 games: World of tanks, World of Warships, Guild Wars 2.
I have monitor with 2k resolution - 165Hz.
At the moment i have a GTX 1070, but i want to improve my FPS.

Can i buy a GTX 1080Ti second hand or a 3060Ti ?...I think both cards have same performance.
I dont know how much difference is when you use RAY TRACING ON and OFF especially in World of Tanks.

Regards

Solution
Your system is good enough to fully utilise almost any modern GPU.

I would pick 3060Ti if I were you for two reasons.
Firstly because it's a new gen that will have support for many more years than the 1080 ti and of course comes with warranty.
Second reason is the DLSS 2.0 support AND the ray tracing features that in 1080ti is either bad or non existent. Not that with the 3060Ti will be perfect but at least there will be a noticable difference.
Hi,
would you please help me with choosing a new graphic card?
I only play these 3 games: World of tanks, World of Warships, Guild Wars 2.
I have monitor with 2k resolution - 165Hz.
At the moment i have a GTX 1070, but i want to improve my FPS.

Can i buy a GTX 1080Ti second hand or a 3060Ti ?...I think both cards have same performance.
I dont know how much difference is when you use RAY TRACING ON and OFF especially in World of Tanks.

Regards
Full system specs please. Including the exact make and model of your PSU.

Max FPS are dictated by the CPU. Better looking graphics for those FPS are dictated by the GPU.

Lukhino

Reputable
Jul 8, 2020
Full system specs please. Including the exact make and model of your PSU.

Max FPS are dictated by the CPU. Better looking graphics for those FPS are dictated by the GPU.

Hello,
here are my spec,,,

CPU: i7-9700KF/OC 4,9Ghz ,CPU cooler :Noctua NH-D14
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z370-HD3P
Ram: HyperX Fury DDR4 16GB (kit2x8GB) 3200Mhz CL13 SR x8
SSD/HDD: ADATA SSD XPG SX8200 Pro /Samsung EVO 750 (120GB) /Samsung EVO (250GB) /Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB
GPU:MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G, 8GB GDDR5 , Monitor: DELL S2721DGF,IPS- 165Hz
PSU:Seasonic Focus Plus Gold - 750W, OS:Win 10

Firstly because it's a new gen that will have support for many more years than the 1080 ti and of course comes with warranty.
Second reason is the DLSS 2.0 support AND the ray tracing features that in 1080ti is either bad or non existent. Not that with the 3060Ti will be perfect but at least there will be a noticable difference.

Solution

Lukhino

Reputable
Jul 8, 2020

Ty so much for your recommendation......

Reactions: dotas1