New graphic card weird lines issue

Sedivy

Estimable
Update your graphics drivers but get them from the manufacturer. Update your monitor drivers again from the manufacturer. Open device manager and see if the monitor is listed at all. If yes but with issues, right click to update driver from the windows update server.
If none of this works, then you might start looking into the card itself. Was this a brand new 1060?

Sedivy

Estimable
Ok what did you have before 1060? What's your psu? What are the rest of your specs?
In the video there is something noisy in the background? What is it? Is the pc plugged into the same circuit? Do you have any surge protection between your pc and the wall?

Sedivy

Estimable
It wouldn't explain the lines you're seeing. They almost look like interference.
But you can test your memory with memtest. Do min 8 passes. You can try them in different slots, and you can take it out to just one stick. Memory issues would make your system unstable. Causing freezes or crashing. Won't hurt to test though.
The lines you're seeing is either some kind of gpu issue (which you ruled out), problem with connection to the monitor (check cables), monitor itself, or, the power supply, and the circuit it's plugged in. Also can be nearby electrical devices like air conditioners, humidifiers. After checking cables (swap for another cable or connection), and hooking up monitor to another computer or laptop, you can try taking your computer to another room. If still happens, then you gotta check the psu.

shayabozaglo

Prominent
Sep 17, 2017
I tried other monitors and other cables in the store he checked every connection and all seems to work good i guess the problem could be the power supply but what can I do

Sedivy

Estimable
Wait, if you took it to the store to check, did they see the same thing? He checked the monitor and cables and they were good when hooked up to something else?
Why not try different psu on the spot? It would have been a simple thing for them to swap.