Question New Graphics Card and new PSU for Foxconn N15235 motherboard

Oct 18, 2020
I have a Foxconn N15235 motherboard with Intel Core 2 E4400, 2 Gb DDR2 ram (2X1Gb), Geforce 8300GS graphics card with 383 Mb ram and PSU with 250w maximum wattage.
Recently while system was working the image froze and a white screen appeared. After a REISUB command (Xubuntu 18.04 operating system) the system was restarted but it did not signal the screen, nor was the 1 beep of the system startup heard. No matter how many times I tried to boot and after I even removed the power for a few minutes the system while starting and operating all the fans (power supply, cpu, graphics card) does not signal the screen (orange led instead of green) and remains black. Because I assumed the problem was on the graphics card which is mounted on a PCI-e slot, I removed it and restarted the system which then gave 1 long and 2 short beeps warns of the video adapter absence.
My questions are:
  1. Will a new graphic card with 1 Gb ram be supported from this motherboard with only 2 Gb ram on it?
  2. How can I be sure that new card will be recognised from BIOS?
  3. Which graphics chip/card has more posibilities to work smoothly on this motheboard?
  4. Do I have to replace existing PSU and what wattage is recommended for a new card with 1GB ram?
  5. Will a new PSU work with this motherboard and be connected without any issues?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS