Question New Graphics Card - Bios splash is displayed, but won't load

Pellanor

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2008
My system loads fine with the integrated video, but as soon as I install the new graphics card it refuses to boot. The motherboard splash screen loads, but I cannot get the bios to load by hitting any of the keyboard keys. After sitting on the splash screen for a few seconds, the screen goes blank for another 30s or so, then flashes the splash screen again briefly, with some weird red distortion at the top, before going blank again and staying that way. The video cards is clearly working since the splash screen is being displayed, so I'm not sure why it won't boot.

I've tried removing the GPU and plugging it back in. With the GPU removed I can load windows, and boot to bios just fine. I have not installed any drivers.

Motherboard: Z77X-D3H
GPU: MSI GTX 1650 super ventus xs oc

Pellanor

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2008
I don't see any make or model on the on the PSU. I suspect it may have came with the case we got back in 2008.
Processor: BX80637 I5 3570K
Ram: 2x Corsair 16GB XMS3
SSD and a couple HDD of varying age and size.

We previously had a P5Q motherboard, core 2 duo processor and HD 4830 gpu in the case. We swapped those out for some of my old components now that I've upgraded my primary PC. Unfortunately we don't have the receipts for the case / psu, and some of the other older components.

Thanks again.