[SOLVED] New graphics card but not max performance

L33F

Prominent
Aug 24, 2019
Hello,
I just bought the 1660 ti (gigabyte gtx 1660 ti gaming oc 6g) I put it in my pc and it worked fine. I already have done DDU for the fresh drivers.
I just started playing my games on my new card and it was not what I am expected, it was lower then people said and people have got on youtube.
A man on youtube with the same specs as me has in fortnite like 110-130 fps on epic, and I have got like 50-90 fps on epic but we have the same specs?? (he has nothing overclocked)
my temperatures are good my GPU is with nothing do 40 degrees and while gaming around 60/70 degrees - CPU is with nothing do 32 degrees and while gaming around 50 degrees
I know something is wrong but I don't know what, can somebody help me? (I don't have overclocked anything)

specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-8400 2.80GHz
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte H310M H
RAM: single-channel crucial 8GB 2400mhz
GRAPHICS CARD: Gigabyte GTX 1660 TI Gaming OC 6G
POWER SUPPLY: 650 watt
STORAGE 1: SSD KINGSTON 240GB
STORAGE 2: HDD TOSHIBA 2TB
CASE: Sharkoon skiller sgc1 blue window
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Pro

Solution
my PSU: lc-power lc600h-12 v2.31

This MIGHT be the culprit in your case, IMO. LC POWER PSUs should be avoided at all costs. They are of very poor and inferior quality. Not recommended for high-end GAMING PCs.

Get a QUALITY PSU model instead. Test the performance of your GPU and PC by using some other power supply, if possible.

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system.

Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.
my PSU: lc-power lc600h-12 v2.31

This MIGHT be the culprit in your case, IMO. LC POWER PSUs should be avoided at all costs. They are of very poor and inferior quality. Not recommended for high-end GAMING PCs.

Get a QUALITY PSU model instead. Test the performance of your GPU and PC by using some other power supply, if possible.

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system.

Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Solution

L33F

Prominent
Aug 24, 2019
This MIGHT be the culprit in your case, IMO. LC POWER PSUs should be avoided like a plague. They are of very poor and inferior quality. Not recommended for high-end GAMING PCs.

oh, thanks but a new PSU doesn't make my pc better I think?

No. PSU model can make a night and day difference. This might sound like an exaggeration, but having a high quality PSU can make any Gaming PC run smoother, and the safety of all the others components is also assured.

I still suspect that LC Power unit to be the culprit in your case. Though, I'm not saying this with 100% surety though.

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
oh, thanks but a new PSU doesn't make my pc better I think?

Listen to Messiah she know's what she's talking about, DO NOT cheap out on your PSU it is highly important for the lifespan of your computer believe me you don't want to know what it feels like for your parts to be fried.

I refer everyone i know to this list https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1045610-new-psu-tier-list/
It's self explanatory on the tiers, i recommend the Rm550x as it's a decent price and it'll last you a long time.

good luck man.

(btw dual channel does have a performance impact (don't know how big) vs single) but if your the same specs then it could be a number of things causing the lower frames)

L33F

Prominent
Aug 24, 2019
No. PSU model can make a night and day difference. This might sound like an exaggeration, but having a high quality PSU can make any Gaming PC run smoother, and the safety of all the others components is also assured.

I still suspect that LC Power unit to be the culprit in your case. Though, I'm not saying this with 100% surety though.

okay, thanks.

L33F

Prominent
Aug 24, 2019
Listen to Messiah she know's what she's talking about, DO NOT cheap out on your PSU it is highly important for the lifespan of your computer believe me you don't want to know what it feels like for your parts to be fried.

I refer everyone i know to this list https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1045610-new-psu-tier-list/
It's self explanatory on the tiers, i recommend the Rm550x as it's a decent price and it'll last you a long time.

good luck man.

(btw dual channel does have a performance impact (don't know how big) vs single) but if your the same specs then it could be a number of things causing the lower frames)

thanks a lot, I will look for a new one. and new ram but what another kind of things can it be?

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
thanks a lot, I will look for a new one. and new ram but what another kind of things can it be?

Well power settings, viruses, not correct settings in nvidia control panel, the GPU could be bad causing lower framerates (you better hope not), specific software such as NVIDIA shadowplay being enabled, game bar being enabled can also cause issues.

that's most of what i know that can cause framerate issues.

L33F

Prominent
Aug 24, 2019
Well power settings, viruses, not correct settings in nvidia control panel, the GPU could be bad causing lower framerates (you better hope not), specific software such as NVIDIA shadowplay being enabled, game bar being enabled can also cause issues.

that's most of what i know that can cause framerate issues.

hmm, I will check all thanks.