Question New Graphics Card, but PC won’t start.

Sep 8, 2019
So I got a new graphics card today, (Nvidia GForce GTX 1650) installed it, pushed the power button, and nothing. The lights on the motherboard(ROG Strix X370-F Gaming) are on, but that’s only when I plug the pc in. When I push the power button, the lights stay on but the fans don’t spin, and it doesn’t boot. Nor does it connect to my monitor. I checked to make sure everything was plugged in, and everything is. I even switched my old gpu back in, and it still doesn’t work. I also unplugged my PSU from the monitor and took out the battery, waited for about 10 minutes, put the battery back in and plugged it in again, and still nothing. Anyone have any solution?

OK. That's a good power supply. I'm not sure where the problem is though. Does your AMD CPU support onboard/integrated graphics, so that you can try booting up the system, via the igpu ?

I even switched my old gpu back in, and it still doesn’t work.

Can you explain this more clearly ? What doesn't work, your PC ? And which other GPU model did you try ? Are you booting in Legacy or UEFI mode ?

dmitche31958

Reputable
Aug 13, 2019
So I got a new graphics card today, (Nvidia GForce GTX 1650) installed it, pushed the power button, and nothing. The lights on the motherboard(ROG Strix X370-F Gaming) are on, but that’s only when I plug the pc in. When I push the power button, the lights stay on but the fans don’t spin, and it doesn’t boot. Nor does it connect to my monitor. I checked to make sure everything was plugged in, and everything is. I even switched my old gpu back in, and it still doesn’t work. I also unplugged my PSU from the monitor and took out the battery, waited for about 10 minutes, put the battery back in and plugged it in again, and still nothing. Anyone have any solution?
As you stated you put the old GPU in and it doesn't work so it isn't your new GPU.

Check all the connections. You have a ROG board. Do you have LED lights on the board that indicate CPU, MEMORY, or vid problems? Do they turn from white to red or stay on?

Sep 8, 2019
In regards to your first question, I am assuming you are asking if the CPU has onboard graphics. It does not. My issue is that when I push the start button on my PC, it doesn't turn on. The fans don't spin, and it doesn't connect to the monitor. This happened when I put a new GPU in. I don't know what 'legacy mode' or 'UEFI mode' is, but I can't change anything because it doesn't turn on....I hope this answers your question. I do not know what the old GPU is, and it came with the computer itself, which is about 5 years old.

Sep 8, 2019
As you stated you put the old GPU in and it doesn't work so it isn't your new GPU.

Check all the connections. You have a ROG board. Do you have LED lights on the board that indicate CPU, MEMORY, or vid problems? Do they turn from white to red or stay on?
So, I don’t have the LEDs that mentioned, that I know of. And my indicator light is orange, and has always been orange, even when it worked.