Question New Graphics Card Does Not Work When Drivers are Installed?

May 27, 2021
Ok, so I am not the biggest expert but I think I have tried as much as I can without asking for help. I am running an old computer:
ASUS P8Z77-V LX
I5-3570k
16gb RAM
HD 7850 (which I am trying to upgrade to an rx 480)

I bought a used XFX rx 480 and installed it. As soon as windows starts up, the monitor goes to sleep. I followed the recommended fix of going into safe mode, running DDU, then installing new drivers. However, every time I go to install the new drivers, halfway through the monitor goes to sleep and I'm back at square one.
Could this be an issue with the card I bought, even though it works in safe mode/without a driver? Unfortunately, I don't have another computer to throw it into to test. I looked into updating the motherboard BIOS, but it doesn't look like ASUS even provides them for this board anymore. At a loss for what to do next.

Any help is much appreciated!

May 27, 2021
brand and model of the psu
Forgot to mention. I had a 10+ year old Corsair GS600 when I first installed the new card. I thought that power may be an issue as I could see lights and fans shut down on the card as the monitor went to sleep. I replaced it with a new Segotep 750W gold to no effect.