Question New Graphics Card not being Detected

Hotfire

Honorable
May 18, 2015
My old graphics card died so I got a new one (rtx 2070) but it is not being detected. I can see that it is running. I can't use Ge-force to download drivers because it said I need a Nvidia card. Which the current and previous cards are. It's just not detecting. I am only able to access anything because of the intergrated CPU graphics. I don't know what to do about this so I am looking for advice.

If its relevant motheboard Asus z170 pro gaming and 750W Power supply.

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

While on your iGPU, use DDU to remove the Nvidia drivers. Also, include the make and model of the PSU, and it's age, instead of just the wattage.

Jul 26, 2020
My old graphics card died so I got a new one (rtx 2070) but it is not being detected. I can see that it is running. I can't use Ge-force to download drivers because it said I need a Nvidia card. Which the current and previous cards are. It's just not detecting. I am only able to access anything because of the intergrated CPU graphics. I don't know what to do about this so I am looking for advice.

If its relevant motheboard Asus z170 pro gaming and 750W Power supply.

Thanks
I had this problem with my old gpu what worked for me was to plug both the integrated graphics and the gpu and then go to device manager and disable the integrated graphics and it just changed to my graphic card

Hotfire

Honorable
May 18, 2015
I used DDU to remove the old drivers which I guess worked ok but it hasn't made a difference so far. System...

CPU: I5 6600K (overclocked)
Motherboard: Asuz z170 Pro gaming
Ram: 16GB
SSD/HDD: 250/2TB
GPU: RTX 2070
PSU: FSP 750W Silver

I had this problem with my old gpu what worked for me was to plug both the integrated graphics and the gpu and then go to device manager and disable the integrated graphics and it just changed to my graphic card

Did you restart after that ? I tried before restarting and it didn't work for me. If you need to restart Im afriad to lose the only display access I have.