[SOLVED] New Graphics Card Not Giving Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2019
Alright, so the other day I bought myself a new xfx rx 570 4gb to give old family desktop a little more muscle. The computer is old, with an i7 2600 and 8gb of ddr3 on some old intel board, but it's still a competent package for most use case scenarios. The issue I run into is that I cannot get the new card to produce an image. I know it works because I tested it in my own rig and I know the rest of the old computer and peripherals work because when I replug the old ATI HD 5770 or run off integrated graphics it woks fine. When the card is inserted, the status indicator LED is blue which I've read means that everything appears to be working correctly and receiving power. I've tried booting in safe mode and it didn't yield any results, I've tried resetting the bios by removing the CMOS battery and that did not work either. At this point I'm just hoping its not a case of the BIOS being too old to properly detect the GPU, since intel deleted their legacy bios updates back at the end of 2019. If anybody has any other suggestions to troubleshoot this, I'd very much appreciate the help.

Solution
Well, that last part is what came to mind after reading though your post; the current bios can't recognize the new card.
If you can't update the bios, or one isn't available, then there's nothing else you can do - bar spending even more money on a board that sports a UEFI bios.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Well, that last part is what came to mind after reading though your post; the current bios can't recognize the new card.
If you can't update the bios, or one isn't available, then there's nothing else you can do - bar spending even more money on a board that sports a UEFI bios.

Solution

mikeyzvlogz

Prominent
Jul 26, 2020
i had this issue too and for some reason it was fine on a newer tv..i think it was changing the display output ..so i tried to view it on aan older panasonic tv which was an old plasma i think 1080p and i never got a display but as sson as i plugged it into the newer samsung full hd display it showed me the bios and i got a display..as soon as i plugged it back into the older tv panasonic viera 42" it wouldnt display...i really dont know what it is but it had me thinking it was on a default setting for display over 1080p...this is a wild guess..why else would it not display on my older tv which displayed my other pc fine...and when i goto plug in it the new tv it all worked..got ripped off by a pc service centre 85 dollars just to plug it in...he says he changed a few settings but i highly doubt that ...cuz everything was the same ..unless he did change a output for display ....anyways thats my story

after reading your post could it have ben a simple case that the bios didnt recognise the new gpu??? maybe thats what he changed ??? but then it worked on a newer tv and bam image came out and i was able to install windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS