New Graphics card not giving Video output.

klewis

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
I ordered a new graphics card ( Gigabyte radeon r7 260x Windforce 2gb) and a new power supply(corsiar builder series cx430w) for my system. I set it all up on Saturday when I received the items. Unplugged the power disabled the onboard graphics, connected the new graphics card to the PCI-e slot, made sure it is seated correctly, plugged in the external power from the power supply into the graphics card, connected the DVI/HDMI cables to the graphics card( I have tried both and neither get a output) powered the system up, I get no video output from the graphics card even though the fans are both working on the card. If I power up connected to the on board graphics rather than the card then I have no issue and it runs as it did before. I can’t install the drivers due to no picture so I have tried loading the onboard graphics and then installing the drivers that way through the CD that came with the graphics card.. it gets to the point of ‘installing’ and I get a ‘install package’ error and it won’t proceed. On Saturday night I turned it on connected to the cards DVI and it randomly booted up from the card and I had picture.. It booted onto windows fine, I installed the drivers, no issues, started running off the HDMI on the card, absolutely fine, worked fine all night. Shut my system down properly via the shutdown option on the start menu when I went to bed that night. The next day I tried to turn my computer on with the same ‘no video output’ kept trying this and kept getting told there was no output. Although as before the onboard runs fine and the fans are all on. I've completely ran out of ideas so any input would be much appreciated!

klewis

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
Yes I did plug the power supply into the graphics card and I'm not 100% it says on the box requires 450w but I didn't think 20 watts would make a difference so I have ordered the same psu but 600w and going to try it when i get home tonight hopefully that will fix it otherwise I don't have a clue!

kevshow

Reputable
May 15, 2014
Did you solve the problem klewis? I'm having the same issue after bought the same Graphic Card + PSU.

My HW:

- Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H
- NOX NXS750 750w: http://www.amazon.es/NOX-NXS750-unidad-funte-alimentaci%C3%B3n/dp/B00I3E12X4
- Sapphire r7 260x 2GB DDR5 : http://www.amazon.es/dp/B00GI2EZ7I/ref=pe_386191_41384461_TE_item
- Kingston HyperX blue (2 x 8gb DDR3 1600mhz)
- Intel I7 4770 (3.4GHz)

I've checked:

- Mount all components out of case. SAME PROBLEM.
- Check another PCI port. SAME PROBLEM.
- Try another PSU 500w. SAME PROBLEM.
- No problem with onboard graphics.

Previously i had an 8800gts 640mb and 500w PSU and worked properly.

Any input would be so much appreciated...

Thanks in advance!