Question New graphics card only partially recognized

Radman171

Reputable
Aug 15, 2016
Hi all, weird situation: I just upgraded my graphics card from a GeForce 9500GT (interim solution after my GeForce GTX460 burned out) to a GeForce GTX 1050. Problem is, my PC shows the 1050 as being the only video card in the system; however, when I try to run one of those "Will this game work on my PC" from any of the gaming sites, it shows that I still have the 9500GT installed and I can't override or change the setting. I have no idea why these sites are recognizing the old 9500GT and not the new 1050.

In addition, the system also asks me to do a System Restore because of a C: drive problem, but when I try to do that, it says I can't because the hard drive is in use. I've tried rebooting but get the same results.

And, when using the 1050 card, I have to run it on much lowered video settings or the screen just scrambles and the game resets and tries to boot up again. Not sure what is causing these problems, or how to fix them since I can't seem to to a System Restore. I'm running a Dell Precision T5400 with Win 7 Pro 64 bit and 32GB RAM.

Any ideas? Greatly appreciated!! Thanks.....