Question New graphics card stops PC booting

SRF

Jul 4, 2021
Hello. My Dad has an HP desktop (HPE-595uk) which started playing up recently. We worked out that the graphics card was causing the problem, so we removed this and got the PC working again using the onboard graphics.

My Dad then bought an ASUS GT710-SL-2GD5-BRK to put in his PC. The problem is that when this is installed the PC gets stuck on the HP startup screen. It just freezes on that screen and doesn’t load Windows. The spec of his PC is:

HPE-595uk
i7-2600.@ 3.40GHz
6GB memory
460W internal power supply
Cleveland motherboard
BIOS version 7.11
Windows 10

I checked for a BIOS update but the HP assistant system says no updates are available. Does anyone have any ideas of how to resolve this? Thanks.

SRF

Jul 4, 2021
I was just having a search online and this site suggests that the PCIe connector on this motherboard has a 25W maximum output.

From what I can see the graphics card my Dad bought needs 75W and has no additional power connector. If that’s right then I’m guessing that’s the issue.

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
I was just having a search online and this site suggests that the PCIe connector on this motherboard has a 25W maximum output.

From what I can see the graphics card my Dad bought needs 75W and has no additional power connector. If that’s right then I’m guessing that’s the issue.
No I don't think that this is an issue. The GT 710 uses a maximum of only 19 watts.

SRF

Jul 4, 2021
Thanks. I’ve had a look again and see other websites suggesting 19W power for the card, so that might not be the problem after all.

TRENDING THREADS