Question New graphics card to old vga monitor

Jul 18, 2019
Hi. I bought a gtx 1660ti then i realized that i cant connect it to my monitor
So i searched and read tons of reviews
Now i know the convertor i use must be a active one but how can i understand if it's active?
And my monitor is 1366x768 what kind of converter should i use that support this resolution :hdmi to vga - dp to vga - Dvi-d to vga?
Is this going to work :
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Olafus-Converter-Adapter-Projector-Desktop/dp/B06XFY328R
What about this :
https://bongster.sg/products/ugreen-20406-display-port-to-vga-converter
Any recommendations?
And should i install a driver for them to work?
Sorry for bad English

Jul 18, 2019
It should have "active adapter" in the name itself.
Usually they require additional USB power to convert such as this one:
HDMI to VGA Active Adapter

You will also be limited as the VGA has lower capabilities than later HDMI and DVI.
So you saying that if the adapter has usb power its active?
And i read some where in the forum that if i choose to use hdmi to vga i have to install a driver so im trying to stay away from that but i don't know if it's right or not do you have any experience?

And i read some where in the forum that if i choose to use hdmi to vga i have to install a driver so im trying to stay away from that but i don't know if it's right or not do you have any experience?
I had the same problem with you and got an active hdmi to vga converter and there was no drivers I had to install, it just works plug n play.
You just have to consider that the adaptor will cost you a good percentage of a cheap new monitor,and an even higher percentage of a used monitor,it's not worth it,I know I regretted paying for the converter instead of buying a new monitor right away.

Reactions: PC Tailor
Jul 18, 2019
I had the same problem with you and got an active hdmi to vga converter and there was no drivers I had to install, it just works plug n play.
You just have to consider that the adaptor will cost you a good percentage of a cheap new monitor,and an even higher percentage of a used monitor,it's not worth it,I know I regretted paying for the converter instead of buying a new monitor right away.
Thanks for your answer
But here in my country a adapter is around 150 of our money and a monitor that has hdmi input is around 2000 of our money so i have to use this one for a few months before getting a new monitor...

Jul 18, 2019
BTW can u tell me the model of your adapter or send a link thanks...

TRENDING THREADS