New Graphics Card Won't Output with HDMI.

D_1234

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016
Hey all. My new build seems to boot up ok, but I don't get a display from the graphics card HDMI port, so I can't even see the BIOS menu. It's likely due to being a new build with no drivers / OS / anything yet. The most basic connection on the card is DVI-D, and no graphic connections on the mobo. My monitor has HDMI and VGA. I only have a HDMI cable, and a VGA cable. What should I buy?

1) A powered DVI-D to VGA adapter?
2) A DVI-D to HDMI adapter?
3) A DVI-D to HDMI cable?

I just need it temporarily, and I'm wondering which has the best chance of working.

I guess what I'm thinking is #2 or #3 would be preferable and considerably cheaper than #1, but would the HDMI usage just result in the same issue I'm having now? Or is it all good as long as I'm connecting out from the graphics card DVI-D port? Thanks for any help!

Solution
Problem solved. It was actually a RAM seating issue.

Side note: both HDMI and DVI-D to HDMI cables work. So if your having this issue, maybe check other possibilities (like the RAM) before looking for a different cable.

D_1234

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016
Problem solved. It was actually a RAM seating issue.

Side note: both HDMI and DVI-D to HDMI cables work. So if your having this issue, maybe check other possibilities (like the RAM) before looking for a different cable.

Solution