New Graphics Card

TheOhBuddy

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2014
Want to buy a new graphics card for my PC its used primarily for gaming so looking for something that can handle Total War games playing huge battles/campaigns and other games such as Arma 3, CSGO (I know you don't need much for that) and basically any other games that I feel like playing. Currently I am using a AMD Radeon 7870 6gb. Looking to upgrade that. I'm also using 8gb's of RAM and upgrading soon to 16gb. My motherboard is the AsusTek M5A97 R2.0.

If you need anymore info let me know.

Thanks! :)

Solution
I think you will be better off upgrading your CPU and Motherboard to try and put to use both of your graphics card. For that money you could even get a new CPU, motherboard, RAM, and graphics card if you don't want to try and use both card. Use https://pcpartpicker.com to see if your PSU is enough.

I don't know how much your CPU could be holding you back but if you have another graphics card just laying around you could try and work with that.

BG1234

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016

Information on your PSU and CPU would definitely help.

TheOhBuddy

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2014

CPU: AMD FX-8320 Eight Core Processor
PSU: Corsair Tx750

TheOhBuddy

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2014

Probably around $450-550? If that would be an upgrade. I currently have 2 of the 7870's but only one is being used because my motherboard doesn't support the both of them. I haven't followed any PC hardware news or new parts that are good to have or whatever for awhile. My card now does run everything I want to play, but for certain games such as Total War ones and Arma 3 I do get low frames depending on whats going on. Usually in Arma I average anywhere between 20-40fps I would like to get 45-60, 30-40 when lots is going on. I know Arma is a pain in the ass and a lot of people say they have top of the line specs and still get anywhere between 30-50fps when playing multiplayer.

1rj2

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2014
I think you will be better off upgrading your CPU and Motherboard to try and put to use both of your graphics card. For that money you could even get a new CPU, motherboard, RAM, and graphics card if you don't want to try and use both card. Use https://pcpartpicker.com to see if your PSU is enough.

I don't know how much your CPU could be holding you back but if you have another graphics card just laying around you could try and work with that.

Solution

TheOhBuddy

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2014

Alright, thank you. I will look into it some more. Any motherboards that you know of that would work with the two 7870's my CPU and 16gb's of RAM and how much it would cost?

TRENDING THREADS