new graphics card

ivan1373fsr

Prominent
Sep 7, 2017
Currently I am looking to buy a new graphics card, which is going to replace my old 7850 1gb.
I have amd phenom II X4 B50 (quad core 3.2GHz) and 8gb ddr3. In december I am gonna buy ryzen 3/5 with new mbo and ddr4. I am looking for best gpu solution. Sadly, there are no good rx prices here in my country, so my choices are gtx 1060 or 1050 ti. I can buy Zotac 1060 3gb amp for 290$ and Palit superjetstream 1060 6gb for 386$. Currently there is inno3d 1060 6gb compact for 320$.
I am thinking about zotac amp 3gb or inno3d compact 6gb. This inno3d has 6gb but I am scared that my house is going to be in flames because of its size and one fan. I am not planning to do any OC, and don't mind if some settings like aa and hairworks are off. Btw., I want my new card to last as long as possible.

Solution
could be a good deal, ask your friend for some personal warranty for some couple of days or week, do some stress test when you just get the card to make sure it is a good card or not, also ask him/her how long have been the card used. for sure a 1070 is kinda overkill for 1080p, but i guess just get that if the card is fine, because it is such a really good deal also for some future proofing, and if you might want to game at higher resolution later, you dont really need to spend so much money on graphics card

nvincent_08

Reputable
the gtx 1060 6gb should be the great option of all options you give, the 6gb vram is better for futureproofing(if you want to have this) so you can run games without running out of vram and be able to play several upcoming games in the future. for sure if the cooler cant handle the heat, it usually will throttle so no need to worry about safety too much. also better get the ryzen 5 if you want some futureproofing, the ryzen 3 dont have multithreading which can probably be a bottleneck if you want to upgrade later or playing some games the cpu will struggle

ivan1373fsr

Prominent
Sep 7, 2017
My friend offered me his 1070 yesterday. He wants approximately 50-70 $ more than price of new 1060 6gb here in shops. Also, his card has 2 years of warranty from now. I don't now if that is a good deal, because I have never bought second hand pc parts and I have 1080p monitor.

nvincent_08

Reputable
could be a good deal, ask your friend for some personal warranty for some couple of days or week, do some stress test when you just get the card to make sure it is a good card or not, also ask him/her how long have been the card used. for sure a 1070 is kinda overkill for 1080p, but i guess just get that if the card is fine, because it is such a really good deal also for some future proofing, and if you might want to game at higher resolution later, you dont really need to spend so much money on graphics card

Solution