New Graphics Card

tally2425

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Looking for a graphics card with a HDMI cable doesn't have to be anything flas aslong as it has a HDMI cable.

What things do i need to look like requirements when i look for one, Could anyone tell me what i need to look for i have a vague idea for example i know my motherboard has a PCI-E port will any graphics card fit in this slot without any problems and will work find or do i need to look for other things?

tally2425

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Just a standard Quad-Core computer i bought around 2 years ago all standard spec, it's 22" not sure on resolution. I will be playing a few games on it but i'm really just looking for a graphics card with a HMDI port so i can put my computer onto my 42" TV.

What things do i need to look for when looking for one? how do i know if it is compatible with my computer?

tally2425

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

I only play Age of empires III on PC so that will be the only game i will need it for

smeg4brainsuk

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
We need to know a few things about ur pc. The PSU is a key factor as it will have to power the GPU in the first place, you can find this bt opening the side of the case and tell us the make/number on the large power block.

The CPU and RAM can be a factor too and to find this out you just need to right click my computer and check specifications. Programmes like ccleaner, cpuz and speccy will tell you what u need to know and then just post the results here

smeg4brainsuk

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011

You planning on just hooking it up to the tv to watch films and play the odd game then? if so what is your budget too

tally2425

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

Yep that's correct and looking at around £100 :)

tally2425

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
That's great. Just for future reference how did you work that out? What will i need to know if i want to look for another graphics card?

So i have

Wattage
PCI-E

is there anything i need to look at?

Actually I didn't work it out.. :)

But a HD 6670 is ones of the best entry level cards that consumes little power, and it doesn't need an external pcie connector.
It only draws power from the PCI-e slot.

Wattage is important.
You should make sure that your PSU can handle the new GPU you're looking for.
Also, you should make sure that your CPU wouldn't be a bottleneck for it. :)

tally2425

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

Fantastic i thought there was alot more to it so i can just look for them 2 things and all is good a graphics card should work :)

Thanks

7750 is not much power and it will last him longer 7750 is an HTPC card capable of doing light gaming and it takes no PCI-E power connector and is within OPS budget and for an HTPC card with light gaming capability there is no reason to go anywhere else now in days other than a 7750
You're right about that.
But considering the OP only plays AOE III, I don't think there's much use for a 7750. Although, on a long term perspective, it may prove to be useful. :)

LOL, you're right about that.
But I wouldn't call the HD 6670 as being a bad card.
It competes closely to a 9800GT and it's really a good card for people who do light gaming and for has got a low budget. :)

tally2425

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
My mate has a Nvidia GT240 DDR2 lying about which is PCI-E will this work in my comp i have tried having a look at some specs but it doesn't say what wattage it needs also when i was searching i saw DDR2/DDR3/DDR5 what do these mean?

tally2425

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

I'll try get that information tonight as i'm at work atm! :)

smeg4brainsuk

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011

It will do it no harm whatsoever

Also ignore the DDR on GPU's as it wont affect you