New GTX 1060 and error code 43 on WIN 10

Swagata

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
I bought a Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1060 6GB 9GBPS Edition today. Installed it and the driver. But I see the error code 43 in device manager saying the device reported problem and cant run nvidia control panel (nothing happens when i click). But the driver does get installed. So, far Ive tried updating the BIOS, reinstalling the driver; removing previous intel driver using DDU, clearing cmos and static charge. But no luck. Pc runs fine with mobo intel graphics. I fresh installed win 10 with updates and still same problem. But with this gpu; during boot and mobo logo; the logo is a bit distorted and there r flickering blue lines which r present in windows too. I guess thats a hardware problem ? What can I do ? RMA wont be easy. They had this single one of this card and the shop is far away.. What can I do ?

Swagata

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
no, I didn't. I reinstalled windows and its the same thing. I'm now downloading the NVidia driver through windows update and see what happens. if that fails ill try the 376 older driver. many people told older driver works. I am also thinking of putting the card in second pci slot; would that help ? I am beginning to think the card is faulty. the blue lines are hardware issues right ?

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
yes most likely. when you see blue/greenish lines vertical or horizontally. and see artifacts or heavy pixelations. its a sign the GPU is faulty/dying.

but if you only see vertical/horizontal lines happening occassionally. it could just be an improper driver install. or the display cable is old? or better check your monitor as well if the lines are always appearing on the same spot.

btw if you dont want to let DDU disable your windows driver updates. then do it offline. remove/disable your ethernet/wifi.after the safemode clean, try installing the nvidia driver in normal mode.

by the way, before all that. make sure you have the latest chipset driver installed and BIOS for your motherboard. there may be issues on them preventing you to properly install your GPU. and also update your windows to the latest first.

Swagata

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
I bought the card today and I'm seeing blue and yellow line from today. like in desktop or some boxes. not on everything. I tried dvi and hdmi nothing seems to work. if I use the mobo graphics without the card; it works fine. I think cable is not the issue. monitor is ok. lines not seen if I don't use the gpu. ive updated bios. cheapest ? don't understand. the NVidia driver installation through windows update; same thing; it installed an older version but still 43. resolution is locked to 800 600. I'm gonna try the offline install of driver. I don't think it will solve though.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
did you already install all drivers from your motherboards support site? chipset drivers is important esp if you want your PCIE/USB devices to work properly. also a BIOS update will usually fix these type of issues esp for compatibility with new hardware.

Swagata

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
not all software. but I installed the chipset software. I updated the bios of my mobo to the latest. its asrock b85 board. the offline driver install is same. ill try old 372 driver. I guess that's my last resort. if doesn't work, I'm doomed.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
can you uninstall your internal graphics as well? this might be conflicting your GPU install.

shutdown your PC. change your display cables to motherboard from your GPU. remove/unseat your GPU from your PC. boot to safemode. go to device manager. display. uninstall internal graphics. delete driver. or you can use DDU to do it if it detects it. run DDU again to uninstall Nvidia as well.

put back your GPU. reattach your display cables to the GPU. boot up. enter BIOS graphics/display. set it to AUTO/PCIE. save & reset.

install latest nvidia. reset.

Swagata

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
I'm now on mobo graphics. NVidia gpu is detached from mobo. I'm on normal mode. in device manager it says Microsoft basic adaptor. after fresh windows install, intel graphics was never installed. pc is now at native 1080p without any blue/yellow line.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
we'll just try to make sure there arent any conflicting drivers in your system.
* press winkey+s. type "cmd". press ctrl+shift+enter. type "set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1"
* open device manager. go to view menu. show hidden devices.
* go to display. expand. uninstall and delete anything there that is "invisible".

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
if you let DDU disable the windows driver update, this wont be an issue. try again on safe mode. with DDU clean w/ windows update disabled. after youve reinstalled the nvidia. you can run DDU again and click to reenable the windows driver updates.

Swagata

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
I don't understand. I go to safe more; ddu intel, reset, safe mode, ddu NVidia, reset. turn off. install the gpu on mobo. turn on, install NVidia driver, this ?
also, while using the gpu, the mobo logo during startup is weird; blue lines, in uefi bios the resolution is capped at 800 600. this is all before windows is loaded. most possible the gpu is faulty, right ?

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
yah. now that you mention that. the mobo logo appearing really weird with your GPU attached. and we've exhausted all the common solutions for that 43 error. you might wanna consider returning that GPU as soon as possible.

Swagata

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
in that case; I need time like 10/12 days when my friend is available. should I wait ? I want to be sure. rma would be a lot of trouble. what if they say there is no problem;and its far away so I wont be there as well. I have to courier the card to them.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
well thats a decision you will have to make for yourself. i cannot decide for you tho. and i dont live in that area as well so im not familiar. but i would definitely focus on going back to the shop and if they somehow said there is no problems with the card. then at least you are sure its not the card (hopefully that shop is trustworthy).

you can however try to go to some internet/gaming cafeshoppe there and ask kindly that you want to test your graphics card (if you are this desperate). i wish only the best of luck fo ryou

Swagata

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
I have not contacted the shop yet. ill try to check the card somewhere else other than my pc. problem is these local shops r well they don't deal with high end gpu. maybe there case is too small for the gpu to be seated maybe their psu doesn't have the power cable for the gpu. but ill see what I can do. thanks.