New Gtx 1060 installed and when the computer started it gets stuck on Splash screen showing only my mobo manufacturer

Vlp3r

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013
Well i got a new Zotac GTX 1060 upgrading from a Gtx 560 ti , i have a Digilite b75m Mobo and a Corsair Cx 650 power supply. So i removed my previous Gtx 560 ti from the pci slot and Plugged in my new gtx 1060 and connected the 6 pin connector . it had a display output of Dvi-D , i had a DVI-I , so i borrowed my friend's monitor which has a HDMI and plugged into the HDMI port of the new Gpu.

Now when i start my cpu , it shows my mobo manufacturer as it does on every boot and gets stuck on that boot screen with showing only two options "Enter Setup" and "Select Boot menu". None of the input works and after a while the displays goes black. i contacted the sales guy and he told me that the card should work on any mobo with a pci 3.0 express slot.

Do i have to do any changes to the bios settings before installing the new graphic card or anything related to the drivers of the older 560 ti? Thanks in Advance.

Any time yo change GPU's you need to uninstall the driver first then swap the GPU and install the proper driver.

You should not have to do anything in the BIOS.

You may have bumped something in there SO go over all power connectors to ensure they are plugged in tightly, Ensure all fans are spinning, ensure all SATA cables are plugged in properly, remove the Ram one at a time and reinstall them to ensure they are seated properly.

If the GPU is displaying then the GPU works and you do not have a motherboard/GPU compatibility issue. When this happens there is no display at all.

PCI-e 3.0 is not a requirement as the GPU is backward compatible with PCI-e 2.0 and newer slots.

EDIT: it is possible that your keyboard will not work in the BIOS/boot menu. I have seen this before and it would prevent you from selecting options in your splash screen. My son has to change his keyboard to use the BIOS. So this is a possibility.

Vlp3r

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013

Hey , i tried to plug in my old graphicard and it works , also i removed he graphic card and plugged in into the default mobo vga port and it works fine too. The problem occurs only when i insert my new gpu and i have also cross checked the sata and the power cable to the hardisk , looks fine.

Maybe i should try uninstalling the display driver of both nvidia and the intel (since i have a default driver as well) if that doesn't work ill look for the bios update. But I'm not really sure how to do it, since digilite doesn't have any updates in their website regarding bios updates.

Vlp3r

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013
The card is up and running flawless on my board after the bios update , i forgot to disable the ME on my mobo when i was updating the bios. Thanks a lot for the replies :)

Erswanda

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017

What the meaning ME Bro ? ,
I Have The same problem , But i do'nt know how to fix it, My BIOS is up to date..