New Gtx 670 or Used Gtx 680

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bust

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
I received a bunch of Amazon gift cards for Xmas and have been wanting to get a video card, currently running EVGA Gtx 465 SLI. Im running a single 22" Acer LCD, hoping to run duals in the future. I am having problems deciding which card to get. I play a lot of COD and Company of Heroes.

Amazon has Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 OC at 369.99 with 20.00 rebate or MSI 670 OC for 359.99 with 10.00 rebate brand new or jump to the EVGA GTX 670 FTW for 399.99. But Amazon also has a used: Very good EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked for 386.00. 400 is my absolute max i could spend, and im not huge into OC'ing either, but want to be future proof'd at least for a while.

Has anyone ever bought a used card from Amazon before? If so, how was it? Im not sure if it comes with Manuf warranty, DOA, problems, or lucky and got a good one. Maybe wait for the 700 series cards to come out and 600 series price drops?

Let me know what you think!
Thanks

Solution
G
If your only gaming on a lowly 22" display at 1080 or less, go with the 670 by all means. If you plan on going dual or triple monitors in the near future go with the 680. The 700 series are coming in March/April so might want to wait it out...
G

If your only gaming on a lowly 22" display at 1080 or less, go with the 670 by all means. If you plan on going dual or triple monitors in the near future go with the 680. The 700 series are coming in March/April so might want to wait it out...

Solution

Bust

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Hmm... Im definitely on board with the 670... Guess im not in a huge hurry, especially if the new series is coming out in March/April and Company of Heroes 2 doesnt come out until 3/31. Might be able to save myself a few extra bux and go with 670 then, or see what the price points will be for the 7 series cards.

Thanks guys!

abbadon_34

Distinguished
CoH2 might be delayed with Bankrupcy of THQ. I would also be very careful about buying a used 680. Think, it's still the top end single Nvidia card, who would have bought it then sold it? Why? Think it's been oc'd and overvolted? And all third party sellers do at best is see if the computer boots with it, they don't have the time or knowledge to fully test each used component.

Bust

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Originally, COH2 was supposed to be out at the end of Dec moved to March 31. From what i read, they are still going to service all their games, just dont think they are going to come out with any new ones. I bet they get bought out by another company, they will keep their name but restructure, i hope...

Guess i didnt explain everything very well. It would be a used 680, but through Amazon Warehouse, so it would have at least a 30 day warranty and if there is an existing manufacturer warranty as well. And i think if it is rated Very Good or Like New, it is an open box, never used, may have a scuff or scratch. i've gotten lucky i guess, my sli 465's are used and they've held up nicely for over a year. So if i did decide to get a used gpu and it turned out to be bad, i could return it and get a new 670. I just wanted to see if anyone has ever bought a used one through amazon warehouse.

determinologyz

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

I never have but i would go 670 tbqh, It will get the job done

Status
Not open for further replies.